2 week old being sick after every feed??

leash27

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Is this normal? DD has been feeding little and often this afternoon eg 5-10 mins at a time but each time I have burped her afterwards she has been sick. Its not a huge amount but its more than spit up if that makes sense? I an worried that since her feeds are so short, she could be bringing up everything she has drank which means she isn't getting anything from the feed.

Nappies are still wet and dirty so far and no temp or anything. Should I be worried or am I being paranoid?

X

Mine spit up/threw up after nearly every feed and in between feeds as well. He lived in a bib for the first 6 months of his life. The doctor always said he was perfectly fine and just a "happy spitter". If the baby doesn't seemed bothered by it, is putting on weight, wet and dirty diapers, nothing to worry about.

You can try things like check what you are eating. If I had too much dairy, he would throw up more frequently so I cut back on it. There is a HUGE list of foods that people claim can cause problems. Foods with high acid content, dairy, etc. I was never able to pinpoint anything to make it stop completely.

Also, my doctor recommended that I make sure I was leaning back a little while nursing. Sometimes a baby can get too much milk going and overfilled I suppose.

This probably isn't going to be much help but my son is the same and has been from about 2 weeks. He is now 5 months old and it seems to be getting a little better slowly. Before he used to throw up straight after feeds, quite a large amount and bring up more inbetween each feed. Now it seems to be only an hour or so after he feeds that he will be sick.

I can't say I have done anything different to be honest, I tried cutting down on dairy but it didn't make any difference. It could just be that as he is getting older his digestive system is maturing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->