2 year old asked for jelly beans from Santa, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
Yesterday we were out shopping and Micah was looking at christmassy food bits in John Lewis. He was asking what it all was and I told him. He was particularly impressed with a tube of jelly beans! A few months ago OH gave him one jelly bean and he's not forgotten!

Then today he was talking about Father Christmas so I asked him what he wanted to ask him for and he said 'jelly beans please'... I said 'don't you want some nice toys?' and he replied 'I'm happy with MY toys mummy'!!!

So, should we get him a small tube? Or do you think it's too young and just the beginning of a slippery sweet slope? :haha:

No I don't think its a slippery slope. I believe in everything in moderation and that if you are too strict over something then as soon as they are old enough they rebel against that. I think some sweets at Christmas (when its a time for treats and things you wouldn't usually get) are not going to do much harm and maybe he will just associate them with Christmas time.

It sounds like he would really appreciate a small tube :) I personally would get him some. But I'm not really strict about sweet stuff, everything in moderation. X

I think sweets are one of thoses things that in moderation is fine. I always go back to the if your not allowed something at all it becomes more desirable idea, just like being on a diet!

My 3 year old is getting a jar full of pick n mix sweets (I stole the idea of someone here) I know it's a big jar but I know how good his self control with sweets is that if he still has some left next christmas I wouldnt be surprised

No I don't think its a slippery slope. I believe in everything in moderation and that if you are too strict over something then as soon as they are old enough they rebel against that. I think some sweets at Christmas (when its a time for treats and things you wouldn't usually get) are not going to do much harm and maybe he will just associate them with Christmas time.

I agree with this.

Mine always get sweets for xmas even my oldest when he was 7m got milkybars so i think one tuube would be fine.

Yeah I would get him some, I fact I hope so,some gets me some lol xx

I would get him some. He will likely accept that they are a Christmas treat and not someting he can have all the time (if you coose not to give them to him again for a while).

I would get them for him too. In fact I've gotten some for DD that will go in her stocking. I don't think it will become a steady thing if he just gets them at Christmas. Most likely they'll become associated with the holiday as a special treat and nothing more.

Yes I would get him a tub too. He sounds so sweet your boy

I would definitely get some for him, I am of the mind set that everything in moderation is key and the moment food become 'banned' is just a recipe for disaster...special occasions it is perfectly fine and it sounds like he will be made up with them :thumbup:

im not getting mine any as we had a lovely trip to a and e 2 weeks ago after the last one found its way up her nose:haha: its ok though it ended up coming out easy enough-jokes aside a small tube would be a love treat as it is xmas and something he has asked for

I would get him some. I agree with the moderation thing. Colin doesn't get much sweets from us but we give him some for xmas and other special occasions.

I'd get it for him:) Everything in moderation, as everyone else has said as well. It's Christmas, so having a special treat will be nice for him, and you can always just let him know that the treat is a special treat from Santa, not an everyday treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"