2 year old nursery spaces

staycutee

mummy
Reaction score
I read about something called the 2 year old offer online, which is basically 15 hours a week free childcare but I think it's means tested and priority is giving to parents who have had a job offer/want to do volunteer work as spaces are limited

Have any of you applied for this?

Are u sure thats not for 3 year olds? I thought it was once their 3 your entitled to 15free hours? x

Oooo not heard of this, so sorry I have no advice but do u have a link about it please? x

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sou....,cf.osb&fp=a2d883a12f3d06c8&biw=1024&bih=509

thats the details of it for where i live but search your council website, im not sure every area has it x

Some areas are trialing it. You have to fit certain criteria and usually in each area theres only 2-3 spaces available. The criteria in my area is single or teen parent, low wage, if the child has medical issues and something else i cant remember. When we applied we fitted the criteria but there was only 2 spaces and about 30 different familys applied

I was offered 2 year funding, we are a low income family (OH earns 13k), I have severe anxiety about going out and we know no-one with children so was offered it so that Dylan could get interaction with children and was accepted, unfortunatly at that point my pelvis was too delicate for me to accept as the nursery was a very long walk away, but I wish it had been good enough, he would have loved it, luckily it wasn't long before he started 3+ nursery.

Funding for it is VERY limited, if you apply and it gets rejected first time wait a few months then apply again. Also I'm not sure if it available in every area. x x x

My area don't do it :(

So i pay for 1 session a week for Katie, it was 2 but it was too expensive :(

V xxx

hi im a nursery nurse in a childrens centrea nd if yr talking about the 2yr old place it will be the pilot scheme. you have to meet certain criteria for this and generally have to be referred by yr health visitor for things such as behavior problems, depression, time with other kids etc. if you feel you may qualify for it speak with yr hv, it is UP TO 15 hrs a week depending on the availability at the centre. i know this as i work with these children.

We get 2yr childcare here, for 2,5 hrs a day..ours isnt means tested/for needy kids, medical reasons etc. If you live in the catchment area then you get it..and theres hundreds of places just in my town. My LO starts after easter as he just turned 2..so it must vary widely across the UK..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->