2 year old sleep issues

eclipse

Mom of 2 wonderful kids!
Reaction score
Well, I think Liam is finally starting to feel better but ever since he has been sick, he is FIGHTING sleep all of a sudden. We have a really good routine in place, but lately, he has been crying and SCREAMING at bedtime. It is starting to get to me, as it came on suddenly. I know his ears are fine (he has tubes) and have been to the doctor's recently and he is just getting over a bug, but does anyone have any advice? Is this a stage that all 2 year olds go through? Thanks ladies in advance, I'm getting to my wits end. :cry::dohh:

I think the best thing is sticking to your routine, be consistant. If he fights it just keep putting him back in bed, let him know you are there ad he's fine but that it's bedtime and there is no other options. It will probably be a rough few nights but he should get back into his routine. The worst thing is giving in and letting him stay up because then the next night it will be even harder because he'll think "If I push a little harder maybe she'll give in again" you know?

Ethan is 22 months and for the 2 wks he as been ill and now he wont go to bed he screams loud as if he is upest or scared so ive taken to lettin him fall alseep on sofa and takin him up not ideal but i hate seein him so upset

My son will be 22 months soon (eek, tomorrow) and he too has suddenly altered his sleeping pattern. He had a fabulous bedtime routine - 7pm he'd go to bed no bother and be up about 6.30. Suddenly he just started refusing to settle - taking a total tantrum that I feared the neighbours would call the police or something. So we changed his bedtime to between 8 and 9 and that seemed to do the trick. Then he started waking up at 2am and refusing to go back to sleep. He just lies there with his eyes open and if I try to leave his room the tantrum starts - and honestly, you'd think he was being tortured and I can't bare it. After 5 mins I have to go back and sit with him - but he still doesn't go to sleep...so we're all there sitting in the dark until I give in and we go downstairs about 6.30am. And last night he wouldn't even settle when we first put him to bed - I had to sit with him for an hour and half before he fell asleep - and then he was up at 2.05 again and didn't go back to sleep. I am exhausted and don't know how much I can take. His behaviour has also gone erratic - hitting and biting me and being very clingy. He has also been hitting other children atnursery! On top of this I am due baby number 2 in approx 10 days!!! I'm at my wits end!!! Is this a sign of ADHD or some other mental problem?? (with my son, that is, not me ha - well not yet anyway ;oD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->