• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

20 week ultrasound found bilateral choroid cysts

C

cutestuff

Help please.... baby is measuring right on track one day ahead in fact. Good heart rate and seems to be developing right as she needs to. Only abnormality found were some cysts where the baby develops spinal fluid. Doctor said alone they don't mean much but this specific issue has a small or weak link to t18 and t21. I have read some stuff that indicates that other abnormalities would be seen and the actual risk is 1% or less with just the cysts but that 50% of t18 and t21 babies have these cysts. I was offered another more intensive ultrasound and amnio but the risks with the amnio are enough that I don't want one. I am still debating if I should get the ulrasound as it isn't going to change anything. I need to know if anyone has experienced something similar or advise...just something else to go on

During my 20 week ultrasound my daughter had bilateral choroid plexus cysts on her brain. One was 6mm and the other one was 9mm. We had a second scan a week later to get better pictures as she wasn't cooperating and just in a week they reduced to 3mm and 8mm. Had a follow up scan for 32 weeks and they are completely gone.

I totally know how you feel. I was so worried when I found out. My doctor wasn't worried and didn't offer an follow up ultrasounds, etc as he was sure they would clear up. You should do what you feel is best to do, but I don't think an amnio is necessary. But it's all your choice!

Good luck!

I totally understand how scary this information is! We went through it with our first baby, she had choroid plexus cysts on her brain just like the last story. They told us all the things it could be, including some of the trisomy conditions which are fatal. After a few weeks of misery and concern, we did another scan and they were gone! It was a developmental thing that they may not have seen if my ultrasound had been scheduled at a later or earlier date.

Try not to worry to much, ask as many questions as you can, make sure they give you a list of the other markers that would indicate one of those other conditions. As them to give you a ratio of how likely it is that your baby has one of those conditions. I was never calmed by the numbers, but my husband was. Hang in there and know that it could be nothing.

GL!

Thought I would update. Went for a follow up ultrasound at 29 weeks and the cysts have resolved themselves. No other abnormalities showed up so chances are that in just about 2.5 months I will be welcoming a healthy baby girl into the world. I may not be able to update again but I wanted to make sure if someone reads this in the future that they will find some comfort and hope......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->