20 weeks scan - Pericardial effusion

lizzieredrup

Mum to 5 little men!
Reaction score
Hi there

I had my 20 weeks anomaly scan yesterday and found out I'm having my 7th little boy!! 😁

Whilst taking all the usual measurements she said everything looks great but she did notice some fluid surrounding the heart which was measuring 3.4mm, I have been quickly referred to a fetal medicine unit who I had a phonecall from this morning giving me an appointment for next Tuesday, they also took bloods to check for parvovirus/fifth disease.

I was just wondering if anyone here has gone through this before? It's very new to me and although you try and think the best you can't help but worry, thank you in advance.

Im sorry I have never been thru this before. But i wanted to congratulate you on finding out you are having a boy!
I dont blame you for worrying, I hope everything works out okay.

Thank you, it's seems there isn't much information out there about this so it's just waiting to see what they say at the scan, hopefully it would have sorted itself out by then, thank you for your reply xx

I just thought I'd come back and update this (not that I had many replies) incase someone is going through the same thing and is looking for information like I was, I went for my scan with fetal medicine and everything is just fine, the heart looks great, he couldn't see as much fluid as at my anomaly scan so all is good and he doesn't need to see us again xx

Yay!! Thats awesome sometimes the way baby is laying makes things seem worse than they are.

Sorry, I read this before and wanted to respond but didn't know what to say - I just felt awful for you since you must have been so scared. :hugs: I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. I have to go to fetal medicine for my baby's heart, too, and had to go for my now-2-year-old's heart as well. She's perfect, and I haven't heard from the hospital to set up my appointment yet (they call me when they're ready to schedule). It is pretty nerve wracking to wait for it, thinking something's wrong, but it's usually just a precaution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->