20w6d - ruptured water and dilated to 3.

alternatedi

Pregnant after 2 losses
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm 21w2d today - 4 days ago I ruptured and found out I was 3cm dilated. Ultrasound shows baby's fluid level are still good, heartbeat is strong.

I'm in the hospital on bedrest - finished my IV antibiotics yesterday and on oral antibiotics today. Praying that we can make it to viability and beyond.

I lost two babies to chromosome issues last year, so the idea that this baby is perfect but my body has fail her breaks my heart.

Any advice you have is appreciated!

I'm so sorry this has happened to you, hon. I don't have any personal experience with this, but I didn't want to read and run. It sounds like baby is doing really well in there. I read recently the every day that baby stays in, that's 2-3 fewer days spent in the NICU. Every day counts; every week should be celebrated. Best of luck to you and your baby.

Hugs hun there was a lady on here whose waters went at 20 weeks and scans showed NO cloud around baby she kept him in til 25 weeks and he's nearly 9 months old now :)

Stay positive!

Make sure you get lots of rest & take it easy.

Sending you lots of good wishes & positive thoughts.

Stay put baby! Xx

No experience of this but didn't just want to read and run . Try get plenty of rest and keep positive . Sounds like baby is a fighter and doing just fine right now xxxx

Hi there. I'm 21w2d today - 4 days ago I ruptured and found out I was 3cm dilated. Ultrasound shows baby's fluid level are still good, heartbeat is strong.

I'm in the hospital on bedrest - finished my IV antibiotics yesterday and on oral antibiotics today. Praying that we can make it to viability and beyond.

I lost two babies to chromosome issues last year, so the idea that this baby is perfect but my body has fail her breaks my heart.

Any advice you have is appreciated!

Sorry you are going through this. Hope you are still doing ok. :flower:

I had pPROM with my twins at 19 weeks. Had oral antibiotics and got the steroid shots at 22+5 (when it was officially diagnosed).
I didn't do total bed-rest as it is not promoted here (UK) but I did take it easy. The fluid levels didnt drop for us straight away but I continued to leak into 3rd tri when officially diagnosed as oligohydroamnios. We made it all the way to successful induction at 37+1.

- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Be vigilant for signs of infection raised temp 'flu-like' symptoms etc

I joined the facebook support group for pPROM which I found amazing as there is so much information from loads of other ladies going through this. Unfortunately there are a lot of bad outcomes too which can be distressing but so many positive stories too where babies have defied all the odds.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/promsupport/

I found it helpful making a list of mini milestones and ticking them off one by one. It is such an awful thing pPROMing so early in pregnancy and having to take each day with the worry hanging over you but every day is a bonus and I had 'fun' ticking off the milestones.
Milestone 1 = viability
Milestone 2 = 26 weeks (really improved chance of survival)
Milestone 3 = getting to 3rd tri
Milestone 4 = 30 weeks (for getting to a week beginning with a 3)
etc etc....

One thing to be thankful for is that when pPROM happens early often if you dont labour in the next 48 hours you end up having a longer latency than those who pPROM in 3rd tri.

Hope this helps. It is a scary time. Ask your docs loads of questions about what they can offer you. I had steroids twice at 22+5 and then again at 35 weeks in preparation for induction.

Sorry rambled a bit. Feel free to ask any other questions though.

I know you must be worried to death, but it sound like things are on a good path and with rest and plenty of fluids you can get there. One of the PP had a ton of information for you that looked like it would help ease your mind!
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->