21 weeks, bad belly ache

HopeBT

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I started having really bad stomach cramps about 2 days ago, with painful and increased bowel movements. The fact I sat all day yesterday at a game on a low & hard bench really didnt help, and the back & belly pain kept me awake last night. So I went to my dr this morning, cervix is closed and baby is still ok (phew!). But I am still having terrible belly cramps (not contractions), diarrhea and bloating after the visit. When I mentioned it to my Dr, she didnt seem concerned.
I am just really worried whether I caught some type of stomach bug or bacteria, and whether it will affect the baby? :nope::nope::nope:
I keep tormenting myself with things I should have or shouldn`t have done (should have been more careful while handling raw dog food, shouldn`t have eaten that bowl of cereal after my cat had couple of licks from it... list goes on and on :growlmad:)

Anyone had a similar situation? Any advice is appreciated!

I wouldn't panic too much, I've had several stomach bugs whilst pregnant and none have affected my babies. Having kids at school I catch loads of stuff off them that they pick up at school.

I also had full blown nasty food poisoning with my third and he was ok too

It's a horrible thing to have on top of being pregnant but generally as long as you stay hydrated you and the baby will be fine

Thanks so much for your reply, gave me a peace of mind!
This morning, feeling slightly better. Thank god, no vomitting and my appetite is normal
Baby is moving a ton too, pphew

around 24 weeks i had the worst stomachache with cramping and some extra bowel movements and diarrhea a few times. i went in, they checked cervix, all was fine with that. and said it was GI issue and so i tried an over the counter medicine called Gas-X, that helped a bit but really the stomachache lasted 4-5 days, was totally uncomfortable but then finally went away. i think some greasy food i had triggered it, but i really think it is because our insides are getting all squished by baby that things just aren't working the way they should.
hope yours is better soon!

Thanks Juliet! I think you are also right, I feel like my organs are getting so much pressure lately.
I dont feel as bad today, but increased bowel movements and cramping is still there. At this point, I really dont mind feeling bad or having symptoms, as long as the baby is OK
Hope it will go away soon

around 24 weeks i had the worst stomachache with cramping and some extra bowel movements and diarrhea a few times. i went in, they checked cervix, all was fine with that. and said it was GI issue and so i tried an over the counter medicine called Gas-X, that helped a bit but really the stomachache lasted 4-5 days, was totally uncomfortable but then finally went away. i think some greasy food i had triggered it, but i really think it is because our insides are getting all squished by baby that things just aren't working the way they should.
hope yours is better soon!

I had a dodgy tummy most of 1st tri it seemed. Not it goes back forth, constipation and diarrhea. I take a probiotic now and I also got the OK to take OTC Immodium for days you just don't wanna have a bad tummy all day, have to work or travel, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->