24 hr urine, gtt test, scan for polyhhdramnios and bloods for poss infection! Advice

butterfly5

PREGNANT 3RD TRI
Reaction score
Saw consultant and measuring 31 fundal height at 28 weeks. Protein has gone from trace to plus 1. Soooo got a lovely bucket to wee in, 7 lots of blood given for infections, routine and pre e.

Got a gtt on Friday and a growth scan on Monday!

I can only comment on the poly but at 28 weeks, I had a lot of fluid, bordering on poly (was on the 95th percentile for AF).

Yesterday I went in for my 32 weeks scan and fluid has gone back to normal levels - midwife says that it usually sorts itself out.

I had the GTT test and that came back normal so couldn't blame it on that.

Hope things go ok with all your tests xx

Thanks Hun so yours had sorted by a few weeks down the line? Hope mine does! Thanks for sharing xx

Literally I'd gone for a growth scan at 28 weeks, only to be told I had high fluid levels, had to go for additional blood tests to rule out something called Parvo and TORCH.

Yesterday everything was normal, baby was happy, blood tests were all ok and I got discharged from being under consultant care.

Whatever you do - don't google as it'll scare the living daylights out of you - they only detail the extreme cases. I got called an idiot for googling by my midwife (and I had been).

Even if you do have poly then it's not the end of the world, they'll just monitor you closely. My sister had it with all 3 pregnancies and her kids are fine.

:hugs:

Thanks :) I had TORCH and parvo bloods today too :) if I do have poly wont I need a genetic test to test for Edwards syndrome? X

I'm not sure about the test for Edwards syndrome - its probably something to ask the consultant after you've had your scan.

Sorry I can't be more useful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->