• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

24 month old not eating (teething?) please help!

LillyFleur

Reaction score
For the last 8 days my DD (24 months) won’t eat solid foods, she will only eat baby food pouches where she can suck the food out, yogurts and ice lollys, any other food she just freezes opens her mouth and spits it out.

I think it may possibly be teething as her cheeks were BRIGHT red the other day and she says hot/cold when the food is in her mouth before she rejects it, I’ve had a quick look in her mouth and can’t see any molars coming through so I just have no idea what it is! She’s drinking as
normal and I’m giving her calpol and neurofen throughout the day as she gets quite upset about it, apart from that she’s fine no temperature
Etc, she won’t let me brush her teeth and if she even sees a toothbrush she runs away now where as before she loved brushing her teeth.

Has anyone else’s toddlers being this bad with teething? Just looking for some reassurance.

My son is 28 months and for the last 2 months or so has done this with teething. He loves apples and raw carrots for snacks pretty much every day but when teething he bites them and spits them everywhere so I have to stop giving him them for a bit. He usually goes off most food for a few days and only wants fluid but those 2 things are what I notice most mainly because of the mess he makes ��. He has 2 of his molars in and 2 ready to burst through so hoping it's over soon. hopefully it's quick for your daughter too x

Our dd does this when she’s teething. She just turned 2 in October and I think she has all her teeth in now, thank goodness. She was constantly teething since 12 weeks!

Probably just teething. I'm sure the phase will pass.

When my toddler is teething or feeling unwell he don’t eat at all! We had 2 weeks in a row of teething and a cold he literally only drank milk!

It will pass soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"