24 weeks and figthing hard blood gas problem

M

maria530ds

:hi was hopeing for some advice i was carrying twins at my 20 week scan they found i had twin on twin sy i had my plasenta lazered to fix the blood flow problem at 23 week my water broke and 24 weeks plus4 i give birth to my little girls 1lb 6oz each i losed my baby to a bleed in the brien 4 days ago the other little girl is a figther but very unstable today her blood gas are very hige there having problem getting them down am so scared am going to loss her has any body any advice on what is in front of me thanks

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't have alot of advice, but my son was born at 23.3 weeks and had high blood gases a few times while in the NICU. And he is thriving now. I know this is caused by numerous reasons, from too much oxygen in the blood to infection.

I hope she stabilizes soon and they are able to figure out what is causing the high numbers.

Again I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I am so so sorry to hear that you lost one of your twins, i have been in your sistuation and its the worse thing. When twin 2 was born, he would high blood gases all the time for the first 3 weeks, some where infection related and then just that he his requirement of oxygen was too low and needed some more.

Hoping your little gets better real soon and starts to get stronger xx

Really sorry for your loss dear. I hope your other LO keeps fighting.:hugs:

My LO was born at 24+4 and like the others we had problems on and off with blood gasses being unstable, I think it just takes time for them to stabalise everything.

Be thinking of you dear and all my best wishes are with you. xx

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girls and I am sorry that both of them couldn't stay with you.

I had twin girls at 25+2 in jan 2010 and lost one of my little girls after 1 day. I understand your fear of losing your other daughter as up until I took my daughter home I had an immense fear of losing her and didn't buy anything until they gave me a discharge date.

The Nicu journey is a rollercoaster with many steps forward and backwards and with extreme prems getting an infection at some point is a high possibility. The upside is they do mainly recover quickly as well.

I hope your lo blood gases stabilise and you have some positive days.

Sending you lots of :hugs: :hugs:

I have no real advice because everyone's babies are different and everyone has a different journey. However, I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one and we know how you feel.

We had identical twin boys and also found we had severe twin to twin transfusion syndrome at 20 weeks and had lazer treatment. The smaller baby was measuring 3 weeks behind the other one with hardly any amniotic fluid and the bigger one had an enlarged heart so we were told without the lazer treatment we would lose them both probably within the week.

We managed to get to 27+4 before I went into labour and gave birth but we lost the smaller one when they were 18 days old. Our surviving son is now 9 1/2 weeks old, 37 weeks corrected, and it looks like he will still be in NICU for at least a month or so despite not having any major problems but I have been told that boys and twins do take longer. It is hard to predict how it's going to be but you still have every chance of your baby being OK even though you might not think so now. They will certainly do everything they can to help her.

We are in a room with two other boys, one born at 25 weeks, one at 24 weeks. They have had more problems than our son and needed surgery at times but they are now thinking about 'when' they will be going home not 'if'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->