25 weeks.. Normal?

Ashley1021

Pregnant with my first!
Reaction score
All evening I've been having Braxton hicks 10-12 minutes apart. They start and my belly gets tighter and tighter for about 25-30 seconds and it's done. I've had a backache all day but I've chalked that up to moving boxes all day as we just moved.

I had a bit of mucusy clearish/white discharge this afternoon.. I'm not sure if all of this is normal. I don't want to go in if its not necessary.

Baby seems to be moving fine, but this backache is persistent! I've tried drinking some water and changes positions. Even a warm bath etc.

I had Braxton hicks, about that frequently sometimes even more often, like that from about 21 weeks on with my second baby. It wasn't a cause for concern at all but it was sure exhausting to deal with everyday for 18 weeks! I don't think it was usually accompanied by a back ache though so that could mean something more... I'd call and ask about it. Hopefully it's nothing and you don't have to go in!

Oh just read about moving boxes. That probably explains the back ache and the mucus discharge is just a normal pregnancy symptom. Unless they get more frequent and start becoming painful I wouldn't be worried but that's with me and my body and I know it's different for everyone. :)

I would call your care provider just to be safe. Those symptoms could be normal... or they could be a sign of preterm labor. The backache could have been caused by lifting boxes, however it is also possible that lifting boxes may have triggered something worse (and the backache is only a symptom of that). At this point I really think it's better to be safe than sorry. Hope that is nothing, though, and that you feel better soon. :hugs:

I had this a few weeks ago! I would say it is most likely due to you overexerting yourself. Call for advice if you are worried. Lay down and drink plenty of water :hugs:

I also get more frequent Braxton hicks and thought its just because its my 4th pregnancy ... hope you feel better now

This happens to me too!
Usually throughout the day I get a couple but in the evening I'll get some consistent ones for an hour or so, I try drinking water , changing positions like you said.
I think it only becomes worrisome if they are painful and worsen in pain.. They shouldn't really hurt just feels uncomfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->