Can I ask you a personal question ? Have you been diagnosed with a particular form of depression? I suffer with BPD , and Know a good bit about depression and coming out the other end :hugs: . I have a couple of non medical options ? I was on a lot of medications and they didn't agree with me . I did cognitive behaviour therapy , which is amazing if your willing to put the work in I can tell you more about that if you like ? Theres also some great groups , AWARE put me in touch with a youth group where I learnt about expressing myself , building of confidence and about dealing with depression in a positive way . I've read some pretty good books too , But really the main thing is finding someone your comfortable talking too , I didn't click with my councillor at first and found myself lying to her as I didnt want to share my feelings .

Can I ask you a personal question ? Have you been diagnosed with a particular form of depression? I suffer with BPD , and Know a good bit about depression and coming out the other end :hugs: . I have a couple of non medical options ? I was on a lot of medications and they didn't agree with me . I did cognitive behaviour therapy , which is amazing if your willing to put the work in I can tell you more about that if you like ? Theres also some great groups , AWARE put me in touch with a youth group where I learnt about expressing myself , building of confidence and about dealing with depression in a positive way . I've read some pretty good books too , But really the main thing is finding someone your comfortable talking too , I didn't click with my councillor at first and found myself lying to her as I didnt want to share my feelings .

yea, major depressive disorder. i have heard great things about cognitive behaviour therapy actually, it was offered to me but i declined cos i thought i was doing ok at the time, but they did say its always an option if i want it. so thanks :hugs: i might give that a try. i only know vaguely what it is so could you explain more if you dont mind? :flower:
what you said about your counsellor sounds like the problems im having with mine tbh. ive found myself just saying "um.. im ok" when she asks how i am cos she never sees through it and i feel like as her job she should be able to :lol: its a bit stupid of me really. actually shes a child psychiatrist so you'd really think she'd know better.
i want to see somebody different but i dont know who to ask, because i dont want to tell her iykwim?? xx

I do know exactly what you mean , I know its extreme but have you asked your GP to refer to to another one . they usually have a list of them . I'd be afraid to ask her as well but she wont be offended as she p[probably already knows your not opening up . CBT or cognitive behaviour therapy , is learning about how to cope with life with depression , it not about saying you will magical get better but it teaches skills . this website explains it really well. https://www.cbt-partnership.org/index.php. It feels a bit silly for the first session or too and you may not want to try it again but its worth it . My mum has had depression issues for eight years and didn't like to leave the house , get out of bed or do everyday things. She's now trying it and really likes it . The best thing about it is rather than forcing you to talk about difficult things it teaches you how to cope with the little things that all pile up too , so the bigger stuff becomes less frightening . If that makes sense , I'm not very good at explaining sorry :hugs:

I do know exactly what you mean , I know its extreme but have you asked your GP to refer to to another one . they usually have a list of them . I'd be afraid to ask her as well but she wont be offended as she p[probably already knows your not opening up . CBT or cognitive behaviour therapy , is learning about how to cope with life with depression , it not about saying you will magical get better but it teaches skills . this website explains it really well. https://www.cbt-partnership.org/index.php. It feels a bit silly for the first session or too and you may not want to try it again but its worth it . My mum has had depression issues for eight years and didn't like to leave the house , get out of bed or do everyday things. She's now trying it and really likes it . The best thing about it is rather than forcing you to talk about difficult things it teaches you how to cope with the little things that all pile up too , so the bigger stuff becomes less frightening . If that makes sense , I'm not very good at explaining sorry :hugs:

that makes sense, thank you :flower: i will speak to my GP about seeing somebody different and have a look at that website xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->