28 week growth scan?

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
hiya
I have my growth scan on the 24th and see the consultant straight after.
Just wonder what will happen if it show baby's growth has slowed.

At my 20 week scan he had started to slow down. His legs were 2 weeks behind the rest of his body. the only thing that was on track was his tummy.

also wondering if it's worth me having sorted my hospital bag before the scan.

hiya
I have my growth scan on the 24th and see the consultant straight after.
Just wonder what will happen if it show baby's growth has slowed.

At my 20 week scan he had started to slow down. His legs were 2 weeks behind the rest of his body. the only thing that was on track was his tummy.

also wondering if it's worth me having sorted my hospital bag before the scan.

Well they might be concerned about intrauterine growth restriction. If that is the case they may do a few different things. First, they my have you come back for more repeat ultrasounds that will be more often, like once a week, to keep an eye on things. At this upcoming scan, they will also look at amniotic fluid levels to see if they are on track. If they are low, that may be cause for more concern and they might look in to further options like hospital bed rest so they can closely monitor baby and you, which might liead to an early delivery.

Try to keep in mind that ultrasounds are not always accurate. So there is a chance baby could be on track now or at least not be that far off.

As for a hospital bag, it doesn't hurt to have it ready in case they do decide drastic measures need to be taken! Good luck! Thinking of you!

Thank you
My eldest was iugr, but that wasn't spotted till 34 weeks when my fundel height was measuring 29cm so was sent for a scan at 35 weeks which showed he was measuring 32 weeks, my waters were low and my placenta had started to fail, so was induced 5 days later.

I've had a feeling from the start that this pregnancy might end up the same way.
getting put back 2 weeks at my 12 week scan didn't help that feeling and then for his legs to be 2 weeks behind the rest of his body at the 20 weeks just added more worry to it all.

I started getting bits today for my bag.
can't be doing with being put on bed rest. Having 2 little ones and working really can't do it, just no time for it and both me and hubby can't be off work, as that's what would end up happening if I did get put on bed rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->