28 weeks, 2nd child, serious weak bladder.

Alovelikexo

Reaction score
This is so embarrassing, and rather disgusting. However the other half, and my daughter find it hilarious.

All my life I've religiously done pelvic floor exercises every time I go toilet, do the washing up, Hoover etc. I do them all the time.

Now, every time I cough, sneeze, or laugh, I wet myself. 😔 Sometimes a lot sometimes a little but enough to have to change. It even happens if I've just got off the toilet & coughed straight away...

It's driving me insane and costing a fortune in washing powder, what do I do?

Have you tried wearing the slim pads for incontinence? They make some really slim ones. I have started having this problem too due to pregnancy but it's my first. You may want to talk to your doctor bc sometimes it can be a sign of something more serious. I don't want to alarm you but you probably should tell them about it. Did you have a vaginal delivery with the first baby? If so, sometimes your bladder can fall and cause this, there are also several other things it can be, of which could just be being pregnant and the way the baby is sitting. Hope you get it figured out, but in the mean time I would go buy some pads for urine, they hold more than regular period pads can...

Another vote for the pads from me too. Saves any embarrassment x

Just to say I've been same since 28 weeks when I caught an horrendous cough I'm still suffering from weeks later. I splashed out on tena lady pads and am getting through a fair amount, but for piece of mind they are great.

I too think I've emptied my bladder then, boom, two mins later I cough and leak again. The pads have been a life saver, especially when queuing to pick my little boy up from nursery and I have an epic coughing fit. Oh man,I need this violent cough to get better fast :-(

The pads are a life saver! I was the same way from about 28-32 weeks! I think it was little ones position against bladder. It is much better now and only happens when I sneeze or cough a lot of unexpected.

I definitely agree with the pads! I've had a nasty cough for the last few weeks and pads have been a lifesaver. If I didn't have them I would have to put plastic on all the furniture, because it gets so bad.

I'm the same. Give the regular mentrual pads a try though. For me they are enough to hold the bit of pee that comes out when i cough and sneeze, and they might be less expensive than the ones for urine.

Oh yes and I've had this the whole way thru! Pads are brilliant, they really do make a huge difference! Now I'm 39 weeks I've found it's got even worse after I go to the loo, I have to hang around for another few mins to catch the next drop which always happens as soon I stand up!!

Oh and ps OH got a new car..morning sickness hit and not only was I sick all over it but the retching also made me pee..all over the new seat...he was NOT impressed!!! Ha

Oh and ps OH got a new car..morning sickness hit and not only was I sick all over it but the retching also made me pee..all over the new seat...he was NOT impressed!!! Ha
I'm so sorry but I laughed so hard at this! Almost pee'd myself lol. It's so glamorous being pregnant. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->