28 weeks. Extremely bad headaches

Hollie West

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m 28 weeks and for the last 5 days or so I’ve been getting headaches daily.
As the days go on they’re getting stronger and stronger until today I’ve had a throbbing migraine and been throwing up and balling my eyes out it’s been so bad.

It’s calmed down a bit but I can feel it coming back again.

I drink plenty of fluids and I’ve taken paracetamol to help ease the pain but it genuinely feels like my head is going to explode there’s so much pressure in my head,

Any tips on how to shift this :(

I've been prone to migraines before getting pregnant but luckily haven't had any since falling pregnant. I've found relaxing in a dark quiet space and sitting still helps and I sometimes listen to meditation type soothing videos to get me in a calmer headspace.

I'd consider mentioning the headaches to your doctor/ midwife if you haven't already. It could potentially be a sign of preeclampsia if this is new or unusual for you.

Definitely get checked as the previous poster said! I also suffer with migraines but have not had one since becoming pregnant strangely as my migraines are hormone related. It could be the early symptoms of pre eclampsia

Thank you girls.

I had an early night and I’ve woke up with the same headache, I’ve been so drained because I can’t sleep properly because of it.

I’m going to give my midwife a call this morning

X

Best to get it checked hun x

Please get this checked out hon. I had pre eclampsia in my last pregnancy and bad headaches and swelling was one of my first signs.
It may not be pre eclampsia and may be just a virus but I wudnt leave it. I wud go and get ure blood presure and urine checked. Sorry ure suffering so much. I really hope it isnt pre eclampsia esp at just 28 weeks. I'll be thinking of you. Can u let us know how u get on hon.

I would get checked out just to be on the safe side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->