28 weeks pregnant and seeing stars or floating things - UPDATE PG2

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies,

Anyone that can help me? For the past week or so I started to see things float in front of my eyes. I am also extremely tired, but don't know if it's related. Any advice? My next doctors appointment is next week Tuesday.

I always have tiny black thread like things that float on my eyes. If I swoosh my eyes side to side they move. I've had them as long as I can remember and an optician told me they are actually on the back of the eye and are harmless. If it's those, don't worry :)

If you're literally seeing stars and getting black spots in your vision, get a blood pressure test done ASAP to rule out pre eclampsia. I had a wee episode the other day and when my BP was fine I took it as a huge signal to slow down and rest more :)

Thanks, phoned my doctor and they want me to come in tomorrow morning. I am litteraly sseing stars (white and black) and feel dizzy along with it.

Pls get your BP levels monitored..seeing flaoters is a sign of pre-eclampasia..
Nopt trying to scare you..but better be prepared :)

Thanks, could it also mean low iron levels perhaps? I am getting confused with the two since I seem to get conflicting answers on the net.

Glad your getting checked, are you managing to eat and drink regularly? Also a midwife advised me in a similar situation to Know your limits with physical activity & get up slowly when you've been in bed or sat. Hopefully you get cleared for pre eclampsia and your blood pressure is okay. Good luck :flower: x

Thanks, could it also mean low iron levels perhaps? I am getting confused with the two since I seem to get conflicting answers on the net.

The internet can't tell you if you have either. Can you Pop into a local pharmacy that does blood pressure checks (lloyds?) or ask your practice nurse to fit you in today? When I had spots in my vision and felt dizzy last week the nurse fit me in within 10 mins for a quick BP check.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong But I suspect an iron deficiency wouldn't tend to give you the vision disturbances x

Thanks for your advice and support ladies. I will update tomorrow since I am going to see my obgyn. He wants me to come in.

Also a link I found for interest sake :)

https://www.doctortipster.com/1135-...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I would vote probably iron deficiency but glad you're getting checked by your doctor because it can also be a sign of pre-e. BUT, if anything it's probably iron. :) I've been getting floaters since about 25 weeks and mine was iron linked, but they still are watching me super close for pre-e.

Yes, I think it's iron deficiency as well because my BP so far has been good with every 4 week check up, no protein, no swelling and no headaches. I do however can't get enough of the smell of dust, crave orange juice, bruise easily, very tired and then this floating thingys with dizziness. I do eat a lot of red meat, poultry, eggs, lentils etc, but seems my body still needs something.

Then Iron it would be.. My Iron and HB count is low and i do see some floaters.. BP is always 120/80..
My doc has put me on iron supplements..may be u wud want to check with her on that?

I would also vote for iron deficiency but won't rule out pre e. Glad you are getting checked hun, good luck xx

UPDATE:

Went in today. BP is perfect and so was urine. I do have an iron deficiency and got meds prescribed so will start with tomorrow morning.

Thanks for support and advice :)

UPDATE:

Went in today. BP is perfect and so was urine. I do have an iron deficiency and got meds prescribed so will start with tomorrow morning.

Thanks for support and advice :)

I had the same thing, my iron was low at 19 (supposed to be 20 or above). The midwife prescribed Ferritin tablets and after about 3 weeks of taking them my iron is back up to 26. Not sure what the ideal level is but definitely going in the right direction! Hope it sorts out your issues too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->