2nd baby very sicky!

marina294

Mum to 2 DD's
Reaction score
Hiya ladies i bf my first dd and she was hardly ever sick even with my oversupply and fast letdown she got used to it quite quickly. But DD2 is a different matter. Ive tried block feeding and it has definitely helped even out my supply but she still chokes on my milk a lot of the time even after letdown she is sick after every feed with varying amounts. i have to change her nappy before a feed as even if i wait 20 mins and lay her down within a few minutes she is sick without fail. She is gaining very well plenty of wet and dirty nappies and generally happy between feeds but we are definitely getting through clothes as they end up wet from the constant spit up. and sometimes when she is sick she almost cringes and cries.
Coming from a large family and seeing them being bf or FF ive never seen a baby as sick as many times as her.
Any ideas or is it just a case of ride it out:nope:

DS was the same and I feel for you as it was a nightmare with all the washing - if they are happy and putting on weight though I was told it is likely to just be something to do with the valve being weak or immature and allowing milk to come back up, and that it will likely resolve itself in time. It turned out my DS did have various allergies including milk, so I am not sure if in hindsight that was a factor. But we definitely found that once DS was weaned the solid food seemed to help the milk stay down, and even a spoonful of baby rice / porridge before a feed helped a lot. Once they can sit up things seem to improve as well. So hang in there xxx

Ugh, same here. #1 spit up occasionally, #2 after every meal! I also have overactive letdown, especially on one side, and it helps a lot to breastfeed lying down with him on top of me, or leaning very far back. These reclining positions help him pace himself. I also pump a little on the "bad" side before some feeds if the breast feels very full so he doesn't gasp and take in extra air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->