2nd c-sec longer than 1st?

Juliet11

Momma to sweet twins xoxo
Reaction score
First pregnancy had a c-section with my twins. Went overall smoothly with no issues.
Second pregnancy was a VBAC and it was rough.
And this third I am doing an elective c-sec.

I did not realize (or think it through really), that it would take longer until I asked my doctor and she mentioned going through the old scar.

I'd like to hear how it went for others who have had a second c-section. Like how did the time frames compare, anything you didn't realize would happen, different recoveries??
thanks!

I honestly didn't notice a difference in time. My spinal took much longer because of my back but overall I feel like the surgery wasn't much of a difference. Good Luck!

I had an emergency c-section followed by 3 electives, and the second one wasn't any longer than the first. The third was the longest, but my uterus had torn unbeknownst to us all, and I was getting my tubes tied. I did have a.lot of adhesions and stuff from the second section.

Thanks for the responses!

I’m hoping mine isn’t noticeably any longer. I remember it felt pretty quick actually the first time. I hope it feels like that again. But i did feel the tugging which made me throw up so hoping with this being my second that there isn’t too much more tugging.

So with my first c section I threw up the entire time. Felt like an eternity. The second one I didn’t throw up at all and it seemed faster. The recovery was a lot easier as well. I had a little scar tissue but it didn’t seem to cause an issue.

My second cs was completely different, it was slightly faster if anything because my blood pressure didn’t drop and I didn’t lose as much blood so I didn’t need anything extra doing like last time. You really don’t know what will happen until you’re there.

I’m only 2wks pp today though so still recovering, got an infection (I didn’t last time) but I think I was doing more because I have a child already, before I could just completely rest. Just try to take it easy!

ttc, hope mine also feels faster and no throwing up!
katia, glad you didn't have extra issues to deal with second time. yup i'm worried a bit about recovery with 3 older children, 2y/o and 5 y/o twins, who will definitely want my attention.

My first was an emergency so it all felt like it went quick and my 2nd was elective... i got in there just before 9 and sat on the table and by 915 he was born and i remember at 10am eating toast in the recovery room! Maybe a little longer but very calm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->