"2year molars," ulcers, bleeding gums and bad breath :(

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
LO is teething really badly - 1 of the lower back molars has broken thru & is on its way up, the other has broken the surface.

He's been drooling lots and pickier than normal with his food (asking for porridge, smoothies, weetabix, soup - so clearly uncomfy). I noticed today that his breath isn't particularly sweet & I had a good luck in his mouth whilst I was brushing his teeth.

It looks like he has 2 small & 1 larger ulcer on his tongue. All round the molar coming thru the gum is bleeding and his toothbrush was pink but to make things worse his gums on the top near the canine on that time also seemed to be red & bled easily :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so worried about him - can this really all be due to teething?

i really dont know hun, but didnt want to r and r, could you ring your hv, or see a doctor?

I'd say the bleeding was down to teething but not sure about the ulcers - I'd check with your HV hon xx

He seems a bit better today, the ulcers look smaller and his breath is a bit better. I'm seeing my brother tomorrow - collecting from airport, he's a GP so I'll get him to take a look.

I thought Max was teething the other day and it turns out he has hand, foot and mouth disease so you might want to get it checked out.

He has been in agony with it but apparently it only lasts about a week so am hoping he will start to improve soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->