3 1/2 year old keeps weeing on my carpets!

emmamc28

mum to charlotte and ben
Reaction score
my 3 1/2 yr old son is fully potty trained and will constantly use the toilet so he knows where he needs to go if he needs a wee. recently he has started dropping his pants and weeing all over the bedroom carpet whenever he is alone. this is really frustrating and I really don't know what to do to get him to stop doing this?!? any advice would be greatly received :)

Can you close the bedroom door so he can't get in?
Or maybe have him help you clean up the mess. Or can you give him a treat if he goes all day without peeing on the carpet?

he is tall enough to open all the doors so that's a no but the treat and helping clean up is worth a try. he is very hea strong and wont do ANYTHING unless its on his terms so could be tricky but will give it a try x the main problem is he does it when no one is around e.g when he wakes up in the morning before he comes to wake us up or if he is playing in his bedroom. he also keeps weeing in toy boxes!

Before he goes to bed, explain to him that we don't do wee wee's anywhere but the toilet & ask him why he does it, tell him that it makes you sad & that if he continues to do it, each day, you will take one of his favourite toys away. He'll soon stop.

Have you all recently gone through any big change in the household?

Something could be stressing the children out if both your 8 year old and 3 year old are not weeing in the toilet.

no big changes in the house. my 8 yr old has never really been dry at night but we are progressing with that issue and my 3 1/2 yr old has now stopped the weeing in toy boxes and carpet thankfully :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->