3/9/11 birth story, induction

Whatme

Reaction score
Baby Lillie arrived on the 3rd sept, her due date. She weighed 8lb 3ounces, so here goes..

Been having problems with my blood pressure on and off for the last 3 weeks, I had +2 protein in my wee, so off to hospital we went on Friday the 2nd, they decided to keep me in over night for monitoring, and examine me in the morning, to possibly induce me if my cervix was favourable, so OH went home at about 8pm and I had a very restless nervous night in hospital..

Sat 3rd sept
My due date.. The ward sister came to examine me and I was 1cm dilated so she gave me a prostin tablet behind my cervix, which hurt a lot, afterward I felt very bruised, she said to expect a show soon, this was at 11:30 in the morning by the way, midwife said I'd be examined in 5/6 hours time to check progression..

OH arrived shortly afterwards, by 1o'clock I was having contractions which were quite painful from the start, but I'd read if you can talk and walk through them you've got a long way to go, I was put on the monitor once again at about 5:30pm my contractions were very strong by now, but the midwife told me to tell her when the pain got too much.. How much can one person stand?? So I kept saying to myself can I stand another half hour?

By 7:00 I was in serious pain, but still on the ward, and trying my hardest to be quite.. Midwife kept telling me she was waiting on a bed in the delivery ward, she came and examined me at 7:30 and said I was 2/3 cms dilated! Seriously! The pain was bad.. So me and OH went for a little walk, contractions were only 2minutes apart if that, I barely had any time to recover from them, we got back to the ward and I lay on the bed in agony. Oh earlier I'd been given two co codomol.. By about 9:10pm I felt a bit wet so thought my waters were about to break, I decide to go to the toilet to change in to nighty and change underwear, got to the toilet sat down and saw a load of blood, I had an urge to PUSH with a crazy painful contraction, I pressed the emergency button, and thought I've gotta unlock the door, as I got off the toilet a Hugh gush of blood covered the toilet floor! I put my hand between my legs as I thought OMG she's coming! So now I'm completely covered in blood.. Midwife comes in, I think I said "help me" saw had a look of horror on her face, she shouted get of the toilet don't push that baby down the toilet.. So I get on the toilet floor, baring in mind this is still on the ward, not on delivery! The next 10 mins are a bit of a blur.. OH stood at the toilet door not knowing what was going on, I was put in a wheel chair with just a t-shirt on I never managed to put my nighty on. The midwives ran me down the corridor with my OH running behind us, got to the delivery ward, I have no idea who was even in there? I was helped on the bed and the midwife said your baby is just there! At this point it hard to explain my body just took over and pushed it's self, I couldn't have stopped if I'd tried, the ring of fire when the baby crowns is just that! Burn! Was told one more push and her head was out.. Felt some rummaging around, another couple of pushes and I felt her shoulders cone out, the body slithering out is a weird sensation! She was placed on my chest, we waited until the cord had stop pulsating, only a couple of minutes but it was the only thing I wanted that's why I didn't write a birth plan..

So short story, very short.. We got on to the delivery ward at 9:27pm and Lillie was born at 9:35pm.. 8 short minutes, you couldn't even make it up! I had a lovely hour after the birth of skin to skin where I breast feed her, I think because I was completely drug free she was very alert and took to the breast straight away. After this her daddy had his turn of skin to skin while I had a shower, I never needed any stitches, everything intact.. Relief, so you could say I have the perfect induced labour and birth..

But I will say this listen to your body, if it hurts tell someone! Because you maybe ready to have your baby! Hopefully not down the loo..
I will try on get a pic up soon.

Hope you enjoyed, I definitely enjoy telling people I had a baby on two co codomol.. Lol

what a lovely story and congrats on the birth of your little bubba. :)

Wow i hope my induction works out that well, congratulations x

Congratulations, our babies were born on the same date and I was induced too! Glad it went well for you! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->