3 day consecutive positive OPKs?

Junebug_CJ

Maman to Zoë and Zach
Reaction score
Has anyone had this?

Strong positive on Sunday night, last night and then again this morning :wacko: We weren't planning on TTC this cycle for timing issues, but if it is true sperm can survive 2-5 days then it may happen.

My guess is you caught the beginning of your surge; yes, if you had unprotected sex during this time, it is possible.

Did you have a negative OPK before the positive? Some women get frequent + OPK because of high LH in their system so OPK are not very useful for them. Also OPKs show positive if you are pg already so if your last period seemed unusually light... maybe it wasn't??!

Sperm can only survive the longer time in fertile CM, so if you started having watery or EWCM around the time you :sex: then yes it is possible...

Ladies...this is just a FYI...

Causes of a Long Lh Surge
Often times your health care professional will assume that having a long Lh surge is completely normal and there is no need to worry. Often times, your doctor will be right about this- it usually is normal to have a long Lh surge.

The only time having a long Lh surge would not be the result of a medical condition would be in the case of having PCOS. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder that affects about 6 to 10% of women today. This syndrome causes your ovaries to produce higher than normal levels of androgens, which are male hormones. This can interfere with your egg production. The eggs that the ovaries normally produce will develop into cysts, which are little sacs filled with liquid. Instead of being released during ovulation, as an egg would be, the cysts build up in the ovaries. You may want to look up some more symptoms besides just having a long Lh surge to rule this cause out.

Hi June Bug

I usually only have a days worth of opk+, ie starts off really ligh -ve result, will get gradually darker for a couple of days, 1 full day of dark + and then light then next day and then nothing.

Might invest in the digital opks next month.

But I think people get different results, I'm a big water drinker for starters.

Yep, started OPKs on CD9 and they were negative until last Friday, when I had a faint band (officially still negative). Then our "oops" so did 5 OPKs Saturday, all faint band, then a strongly positive Sunday night, and again Monday night and this morning. I also did a pregnancy test just to make sure because my last cycle was light (although it was my first since having my baby and tapering down on nursing) and it was negative. I think I just caught the start of my LH surge like someone suggested. I definitely don't have PCOS ;-)

Oh I forgot to mention, the digital OPK kit that I have was positive both Sunday and Monday night. I use cheapies usually and just confirm with the digital (pricey) ones when the test band starts getting darker.

Did you have a negative OPK before the positive? Some women get frequent + OPK because of high LH in their system so OPK are not very useful for them. Also OPKs show positive if you are pg already so if your last period seemed unusually light... maybe it wasn't??!

Sperm can only survive the longer time in fertile CM, so if you started having watery or EWCM around the time you :sex: then yes it is possible...

Yes! Started having watery CM on Wednesday of last week! I'm new to this CM monitoring, found it gross before but now that I'm figuring it out it will be very useful! Next cycle I won't start doing OPKs until I see a CM change!

Sorry....didn't mean to suggest you had PCOS....just wanted to post that info, as it was something many women wonder about...myself included....I usually just get 1 positive OPK, but had 3 consecutive positives once...and found that info...thought it might be useful for others.

I'm not a huge fan of opks myself, I prefer the temping/charting method, but every bit of extra info helps :thumbup:

No problem! For sure PCOS is on the differential for longer LH surges!

I'm not a huge fan of opks myself, I prefer the temping/charting method, but every bit of extra info helps :thumbup:

I so agree! When planning our first, I charted/temped for 3 months, then we knew exactly that I ovulate on day 15-16 of my cycle and we got pregnant the first month we tried using this method! I just decided to add OPKs and I've developed a bit of a POAS addiction since :blush: I am definitely charting, but with a 1 year old, my temperature taking in the AM is quite sporadic and not usually the same time as recommended...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->