3 days overdue.

Willow87

Reaction score
:wacko:

I've had a great pregnancy. I'm all for pregnancy and I can't wait to experience this all again someday BUT GODDAMN IT I JUST WANT MY BABY!

I don't want to be induced. :nope: I want to birth at the birthing centre! How unfair! I'm getting a stretch and sweep on monday. Midwife is coming over. I am sick of getting the "oh those don't usually work... I had 3..."

blahfgiejsna,aaojfhjsdkjfd!!!!

btw, how awkward is it to get a stretch and sweep in your home, in your bed, with a hand up your cervix? :shrug:

Never had a sweep so can't comment on that. But with my first I went to 41 1/2 wks so I know how frustrating it is! Overdue is no fun at all. But you're doing a great job cooking baby, so they will be nice and healthy! ( I know not exactly what you want to hear about, but it's true)
Hope something starts up for you very soon! It truly can happen overnight, so you never know. Good luck

Feel your pain! I'm 4 days overdue and like you am getting a sweep at my home on Monday. I'd muuuuuch prefer to go in & have one done but midwife was insistent it was done at home!
Come on baby boy, I just want to meet you now!!

You CAN still have what you want. I went 10 days OD with my 2nd and 5 days OD with my first and went to the birth centre both times.

Sweeps are uncomfortable, but think about what they're doing - the MW is literally seperating your cervix from the membranes. She'll only be able to do it if you're a little dilated, so plenty of walking and bouncing to allow the weight of baby to be directly on your cervix should help that. My MW described it as trying to seperate chicken skin from a breast (if you've ever done that - I know I have and it helped me visualise). She also said if you don't feel like you need to squirm, it's not going to work.....lovely woman! lol :haha: My hubby actually had a go at doing one when I was in slow labour with my 2nd lol - worked too......my waters broke about an hour later! lol :haha:

BTW - my labour with my 1st started when I was 3days over. Just becuase you've gone over doesn't mean it's never going to happen. My advice is rest, eat, drink and enjoy yourself as best you can. Guarantee that baby will come when you're in the middle of something lol......oh and remember these are the last few days of being pregnant - make the most of just being able to pop out to the shops without taking a mothercare branch with you! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->