• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3 or 4 which age is worse

laura109

Reaction score
As the title states really. For you was three or four worse. We are currently going through a tough stage with out three year 7 month old. I'm hoping there is a lot of ght at the end of the tunnel soon. When does behaviour start to improve. Thank you.

For us with DD, age 3 was the worst without a doubt. It was horrific. She was so violent, hit me every day and it got to the point where I was starting to wonder if there was actually something medically wrong with her. When she turned 4 she got a lot better and she is so lovely these days. They do grow out of it but when you're in the midst of it it just seems like it will never end :hugs:

I can't comment on 4 year olds but my three year old told me that he doesn't want to see me again and that I'm crazy - because I asked him to brush his teeth.

So for me it's three at the moment

Four for me! My daughter is mostly still very well behaved but after turning 4 she had the most rotten attitude on her. I'm hoping 5 is better in that area... :haha:

3 was horrific. Since 4 I see my girl coming back again. We can actually chat and she is much more reasonable. At 3 she'd go for 0 to 100 within 5 seconds

They understand more, talk more, and are generally a little better at 4. They can be reasonable. But then again they can reason things through, and learn to be accepting... until what you say has no logic, then its a full on argument (because they have the words now) and they want explanation for exactly why, and can try to reason why not to you as well.
DD went from a temper tantrum 3 year old, to a sassy and argumentative 15 year old in a year.
I hope 5 is better.
DS is nearly 3. And there is no reasoning or explanation for him. If he doesn't like it, here come the crying fit and 'no,no,no NO'
I am ready for school age kiddos, where I send them off to drive the teachers crazy. :haha:

Four was worse with my oldest, but then again, she was also going through a lot that year and we had lots of medication changes and five day hospitalization and such... Leo is three and a half and so far everything with him is fine! He can get quite wired sometimes though.

Erm, five so far for us :haha:
I’m thinking next year will probably be 6, there’s a pattern going on here lol.

Four has been far rougher than three was for sure. My mom told me 4-5 was really hard but got better after that. So I'm just holding on and hoping.

Thank you ladies. It's interesting. I'm hoping you get a really terrible pre school year and a reasonable one rather than two awful lol. My three and half year olds had a new brother eight months ago and she loves him to bits but I suppose she has had to accept alot of change in the last year. We seem to be going through a stage where she will cause destruction no matter what she's doing. We have washable pens but I still tell her only to get it on the paper. She will draw a line down her clothing everytime usually when I'm feeding the baby. She rips her books. She has trashed her sandpit. She's forever asking for good, wasting food or trying to sneak food. Refusing to sleep in her own bed. We've just come out of a stage where she was terrified of bathrooms. She refused to use toilets for two months. I'm trying to get her to stop trashing things and to sleep in her bed. Trying to get her to put her toys away when finished and rubbish in the bin. Simple things to get her to start learning to do the right things. On top of all the mischief the paddy's are shocking at the moment. She has time outs in her bedroom. She was the most calm and relaxed baby it was such a shock when she turned three. I honestly don't think we had the terrible twos but we are having the terrible threes. I've got everything crossed she will be totally different in six months time. I don't want her to grow up fast as this is her last year before school, but I just want her to become more happy again... Not to mention she goes mad at the park if other kids go on the swings. I've always taught her the importance of being kind and sharing yet at the park she can look like the brattiest child in their. Then we have days where she makes me laugh and she's content and I can get a couple of things done before baby Wakes. Also just to add when she stops screaming at the baby gate when I go to the loo or for a shower that will be another relief. Can't even pop upstairs on a Sunday and put the clothes away while daddy watches them
She just screams at the stairs to be with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->