3 Unique boys names; opinions?!

ohdessy

Reaction score
Okay so we just found out we're team blue and been having so much more trouble with boys names. I love unusual and nature names as you can tell by my dog's names below, and both me and OH have non-traditional names. I have 3 possible names that I need your honest opinions of. Might be worth noting our surname is "van der Kort"

Phoenix - Means a lot to me in terms of nature, greek mythology, both of us are fire star signs, connotations of rebirth and recent events in our lives.

Dorian - greek origins, love the book, favourite name since childhood (always imagined i'd have a child named Dorian)

Faolan - (pronounced 'fay-len'), OH's heritage, family tradition of using irish names, means 'litte wolf'

Thanks guys x

Not fond of Phoenix as a first name. Love Dorian. (love the movie Dorian Gray, so...)

I think Faolan is also good. (love the sound of Irish names. Don't know if it's cause I'm part Irish?)

Faolan is one of my fav names, but they're all really nice.

I like Faolan, but teachers will have a hard time with it cause they will try to pronounce the O. But oh well that is what meet the teacher nights are good for :)

I like Dorian best out of the three. I have a hard time with Faolan as I do try to pronounce the O ( have similar issues with most Irish names though).

Love your dog's names BTW!

I like Faolan. I've never heard it before tho so i think people might mishear it for Fabian or Galen where I live.

Dorian Faolan van der Kort sounds like an ace name to me!

I like all of them and they all sound absolutely fine with your surname :)

I like Phoenix but can't imagine it on a grown man and I fear it would put people off interviewing him...

Dorian reminds me of Dorene which is a woman's name so sounds a bit feminine to me.

Faolan is ok and the most masculine and interesting of the three.

Cx

Love Phoenix Van Der Kort!

I think they all go with your last name but I prefer Phoenix especially since it seems to have the most personal meaning to you :)

Phoenix is my favorite.
I have heard several girls name Dorian, not sure if that matters to you.
dont really like Faolan - sorry on that.

I love Phoenix and Faolan :) Some people would have trouble pronouncing Faolan though.. my OH is Irish so I'm starting to understand Irish names but before I met him I would have pronounced the O lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->