3 week old sleeping too much?

Hopingsomeday

Reaction score
My daughter turns 3 weeks old tomorrow . For the last 4 days she has went to bed by 12am, woke up about 530 6 eats 3oz goes back to sleep until 1030 11am wakes eats another 3 oz. I have heard mixed reviews about waking her and she has not seen her ped yet since starting this. She eats typically 2oz every 2 hours , 3 oz before bed ,middle of the night and when she wakes up . She cosumes roughly 15-19ml a day depending on if she wants more or not. She weighes 7.5 lbs as of 3 days ago and was born at 7.2 . She was having major n spitting up problems but after 5 different formulas she was back at her birth weight at 2 weeks 3 days. Should i be waking her ? Is this normal .

We still woke our three week old every three hours at night until about 4-5 weeks when we went to 4-5 hours in the night. She still feeds at least every two to theee hours in the day now and is 11 weeks old.

Personally I'd wake to feed every three hours in the day but maybe let baby go 4-5 at night efore waking. The midwife said we could leave her 4-5 hours at night but make sure I'm the day time she fed more regularly.

I don't know if this is right or not but it worked for us. Good luck! x

If your baby is full term, healthy, and having wet and dirty diapers you do not need to wake to feed. Your baby is growing while they sleep!

I had a preemie and I was instructed to wake him to feed every 3 hours, then was allowed to switch to 4 to 5 hours at night since he was gainjng weight, and after he hit 7lbs ("normal" weight) I told the doctor I was not going to wake him to feed and they said it was fine as long as he was having wet and dirties.

I had to feed my daughter every 3 hours when she had her first weigh in after birth, I can't remember exactly how old but I think it was around 3-4 days. She'd lost a lot of weight because she wouldn't BF properly but once she'd got back to birth weight I let her tell me when she wanted feeding. I still do now and she's happy & healthy ☺️ I'm not sure of her current weight but she has 150ml every 3 hours. We tried putting it up to 200ml but she was still feeding ever 3 hours, also the same at 120ml. I've got an odd one 😂

Thanks for the replys . She has pretty consistently slept 6 hours then another 3 to 5 hr stretch. Shes now eating 3 oz every 3 hrs , and sometimes 4 oz . Hopefully she is just a sleeper . Ugh hate to even say it. But lots of wet /dirty diapers and getting plenty of ounces throughout the day now that she is staying awake more

May I ask if she is bottle or breastfed? Only because bottle fed babies tend to sleep longer as they are fuller as the milk takes longer to process. My son was sleeping for long hours during the first week as he wasn't getting enough breast milk so switched to combi feeding

She is formula fed. She was not gaining after 2 weeks because she had such bad reflux and bad latch/supply . So we werr using formula for calories but reflux was so bad her ped switched her to enfamil ar which has been the only thing she can hold down thankfully. I think she is currently going through a growth spurt. I feel like she had done nothing but eat and sleep the last 2 days . She even looks bigger today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->