3 year old becomming aggressive

almosthere

Family of 4!
Reaction score
Hi all,

My son turned 3 in June and he has been getting quite aggressive and verbally fresh over the past couple months. it's just getting worse and I don't know if this is usual 3 year old behavior toward parents and grandparents especially when a baby is due any day or if that's jut my excuse for him! He slaps dh and I in the face on occasion out of nowhere. he kicks hits and now has started little bites on my mom (his grandma) he runs around restraunts laughing climbing booths everything naughty you name it he has been acting out with all these poor choices for a couple months now. Other days he is like a sweet perfect little angel it's a confusing. He is great at his preschool and great one on one with people but dh and I combined or my mom and I combined is a disaster. any advice? I don't know what to do I've tried taking away treats taking away TV shows taking aways favorite toys he will cry about it then continue to be naughty! timeouts don't seem to have an affect either :( I call him out on great behavior that doesn't seem to help much either...

No advice really but DD is about to be 3 next week and is starting to be quite rude!!! However I do know that she always has gotten really jealous and acted out when I talk to family members or friends on the phone or in person - but now she's even worse! Maybe that's it with your son, especially with baby on the way. He wants your undivided attention and is frustrated when he doesn't get it??

Hopefully it's just a phase! I just try to explain what's appropriate, redirect and hope for the best! :haha: doesn't always work but I imagine it'll pass soon :flower:

I hope it passes if not we will get him evaluated in January trying to be patient and understanding he has started a new preschool this September and has a sister on the way

I could have written this myself last year. My DD went through an absolutely horrendous year when she was 3. She was violent to me every day, she kicked off over anything, she purposely went out of her way to cause trouble. It was just awful. And I was pregnant at the time too. I have to say though that as soon as the baby arrived, she just changed, it was almost instantly. The violence pretty much stopped and while she is still hard work sometimes she is nothing like she was a year ago. I don't know what worked really, because the more we tried the harder she would try to act up. It was just time in the end. It is a horrible phase but this too will pass :hugs::hugs:

His whole world is changing, he is starting preschool and starting the first steps to independence and his home life is about to change dramatically by the arrival of his sister, something that he probably does not understand. He knows change is coming but not what that means. This is causing huge emotions that cause him to act out. I would be surprised if he did not react and it does not sound like something that needs evaluating. He needs patience and understanding and realisation of the fact that his whole world is changing

thanks ladies this makes me feel better I kept questioning if I was making am excuse for his behavior by saying the baby comming could be the cause! I hope this is the case and all will calm down soon it certainly hasn't been a pregnancy I could enjoy as much dealing with his hard time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->