30 weeks today!!

Jewel07

Reaction score
Time is flying! And today I'm in agonising pain with my lower back and hips :-(

Spent the whole night tossing and turning even keeping hubby up - couldnt lie on one side more than half hour without them going numb

Now I'm sat at my desk in work rocking like some mental patient counting down the hours til i can go home coz of the pain

Any recommendations of how to ease ladies or am I just entering the point of no return no where everything starts to hurt or be uncomfortable! Lol

Congratulations on 30 weeks! But bummer about the pain :S

Does it help if you stand up and walk about a bit? Or could you use a different chair if there's a more comfortable one, or put a cushion behind your back to give you some more support?

Congrats on hitting 30 weeks :)!! As far as the pain goes, I think you should check in with your doctor and see what you can take for it!

Can you go to a chiropractor? Mine specializes in maternity and has taken almost ALL my pain away. She's a lifesaver.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!!

I've got a more supportive chair but not really giving me the relief I need :-(

I can't stand either at my desk, trying to take regular walks to loosen up but don't want work to think I'm taking the mick...

One day it's ok, another not too bad then it'll be really bad like it is today :-(

Dr and chiropractor are good suggestions thanks ladies, just thought it was me overreacting as a couple of 'friends' have made me feel that way..

Thankyou cx

Iv been uncomfortable through most of my pregnancy with an existing back problem but today I have hit a whole new level. My hips legs and groin area are so sore and I can not get comfy no matter what I do. Hoping im just having a bad day and this isnt a sign of things to come!! Wouldnt manage another 10 weeks like this :(

I found a lumbar roll on my chair helped well, along with setting the height of the chair lower than usual really helps my back - I'm inclined to slump badly and it stops me doing it. I bought this one off amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Origin...F8&qid=1366049196&sr=8-4&keywords=Lumbar+roll

I also get pains from my hips down the insides of my thighs at the minute too - I've found sleeping on my side with my knees bent and a pillow them helps well with that - not sure if that might be some of what you are describing?

Getting the balance between exercise and rest also seems to make a difference, as if i am on my feet too much the pain gets worse, but if I sit too much it also gets worse.

Just what seems to help me, but might be worth trying? :shrug:

Definitely notice I'm sorer if I don't get a good night's sleep too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->