30 weeks twin 1 membrane ruptured

greenie

Reaction score
hi everyone, hoping for some advice please!
my waters broke on twin 1 at just over 30 wks. im not dilated or having strong contractions only tightenings. have had steroids and antibios. if i can keep them in great. their estimated weights are 3lb5 and 3lb10. my question is about infection and what that means? what can happen to me or the babies?
thanks for any advice you can give me on my situation!

If they suspect infection your babies will be treated with antibiotics once they are born.

When I had an infection their concern with me was it would go into the blood stream and make me very ill. Thankfully this didn't happen. I was given 4 days of IV antibiotics when I had given birth.

Hopefully you will be ok.

Thinking of you.

Thank you for your reply and advice, much appreciated:flower:

Infection only an issue if they're not aware of it as a potential problem. You've had antibiotics, so you should be fine x

Thanks lizziedripping. Thought it had almost stopped today as didn't leak for hours but its come back a lot and tiny bit of pink in it. Midwife completely unconcerned though!

You're nearly 31wks now hun, so your babies have a very good chance of being fine - albeit with a stay in NICU. Waters are constantly replenished, so loosing water in itself is not a disaster, but is a sign things may be kicking off. Rest and drink plenty of water (my personal mantra), and you have a chance of keeping your bubbas baking a while longer yet x

I had antibiotics when my waters went (all of them, and contuinued to leak until I was induced!) while I was in hospital overnight, then Ethan had a couple of doses after he was born via iv, just incase.

we both had to have antibiotics here as my waters broke and i didnt realise and two days later we were both ill.

I'd recommend bedrest and plenty of fluid intake if you keep leaking. I think you should be fine on the infection end since antibiotics have been started. Keep us posted! :)

I know this is a little late...

my waters were broken for a few days before I gave birth. They put me on a ton of antibiotics while I was being induced, however in my case my little girl had a blood infection anyway due to my waters being ruptured for so long (she was septic).

It was scary and she spent almost 3 weeks in the hospital on antibiotics through a central line...but she is fine now! A perfectly healthy and happy 3 month old.

Hope things went ok!

I know this is a little late...

my waters were broken for a few days before I gave birth. They put me on a ton of antibiotics while I was being induced, however in my case my little girl had a blood infection anyway due to my waters being ruptured for so long (she was septic).

It was scary and she spent almost 3 weeks in the hospital on antibiotics through a central line...but she is fine now! A perfectly healthy and happy 3 month old.

Hope things went ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"