30 wks pregnant and headed straight for divorce

msunderstood

Reaction score
Is anyone else dealing with depression from an unhealthy relationship while in the third trimester? Very stressed and always on eggshells no support from the supposed husband didn't even wish me happy mothers day I'm miserable and anxious for the baby to get here so I can leave this city entirely.

So sorry your going thought all that. I have no advice as I've never been in that situation but maybe try the single parent thread??? I'm sure lots of girls there can relate?!

Sorry you're going through this. I can't offer any advice but did just want to say that my DH and I generally have a VERY good relationship but I have found being pregnant very trying on this. I'm so hormonal and DH just doesn't know how to deal with it a lot of the time. I would suggest that you don't rush into any big decisions while you're still pregnant as I think it is just a difficult time for both people. Hopefully it will settle down when LO comes and hormones all go back to normal. xx

My husband was super unsupportive and I thought we were headed for a break up too- he moved out to his own apartment in march. But recently he's decided to become superdad and things seem to be getting better, so hang in there- maybe something will knock some sense into him! It is really tough though, especially this is my first pregnancy so that is hard enough without more problems from the one person who is supposed to be your partner and support you.

Sorry you're going through this. I can't offer any advice but did just want to say that my DH and I generally have a VERY good relationship but I have found being pregnant very trying on this. I'm so hormonal and DH just doesn't know how to deal with it a lot of the time. I would suggest that you don't rush into any big decisions while you're still pregnant as I think it is just a difficult time for both people. Hopefully it will settle down when LO comes and hormones all go back to normal. xx

Just to let you know, the hormones are going to be much worse when LO's here, the stress level will go way up as you'll be sleep deprived and having to deal with a screaming baby, if you're like most couple, you'll feel resentful towards each other over sleep and household and baby chores. My relationship was the best during pregnancy because it was planned, now we sometimes barely speak to each other for a week. It's best to make a deal with each other that you'll stick it out for the first year at least.

OP, have you tried talking to your partner about why he's acting this way? I don't know in what way you feel your relationship is unhealthy so can't offer much, but if it's just from stress, talking could help.

Just to let you know, the hormones are going to be much worse when LO's here, the stress level will go way up as you'll be sleep deprived and having to deal with a screaming baby, if you're like most couple, you'll feel resentful towards each other over sleep and household and baby chores. My relationship was the best during pregnancy because it was planned, now we sometimes barely speak to each other for a week. It's best to make a deal with each other that you'll stick it out for the first year at least.

OP, have you tried talking to your partner about why he's acting this way? I don't know in what way you feel your relationship is unhealthy so can't offer much, but if it's just from stress, talking could help.

I can second that. The first year we nearly split up so many times!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"