31 Weeks, Period Pain?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Im 31w3d, and for the past 2 days ive had bad period type pains. Its not a Braxton hick, as im having bad ones of those too. Its all around my hips, abdomen, back and runs down my legs (stops at the knee) and ive had more discharge. The discharge looks pretty regular/no bad smell so I know its not an infection. I have a doctors appointment Monday but Im beginning to wonder if im not starting something here.

I need this little ladybug to sit tight for a bit longer as we are moving soon!! Is this normal, or will my doctor check to see if im dilated any?

Also, what does effaced mean? I don't get it when people say they are 70% effaced. lol. Thanks!

im having braxton hicks regularly almost so ill be calling the doctor tomorrow or monday unless it gets worse. they only seem to happen whenever baby moves because after she does a harsh shifting or rolling i have a bh. i did have some period pain but it was similar to when my uterus was growing in 1st tri. ill be asking the doctor to definitely check my cervix to make sure its not opening prematurely. i also had sciatica for the first time ever today! but only when i sat to use the restroom.

effacing is when your cervix thins out. contractions and hormones combine to help aid in effacement.

Sounds to me that perhaps the baby is in a position that is causing you some aches or nerve pains. I get this on and off when my boy decides to hang out super low in my pelvis (a couple weeks ago he had a 3 or 4 day stretch of being in that position). It makes it hard and painful to walk. My pelvic bone starts aching, and I end up with what I assume is nerve pain running down my inner thigh. I have managed to coax him out of there before by getting on all fours and doing a modified child's pose (modified in the sense that my legs are open instead of closed and I keep my pelvis/hips higher). I can feel him start moving from that position and there is usually some relief shortly after. There is also a lot of stretching and preparation that begins going on at this point in time so that could be contributing to your pains.

Thanks! - and an update... I was lying in bed watching baby roll like crazy, and without realizing, when I got up to make a tea I realized my underwear and pajama pants are soaked. I went to go to the bathroom and I couldn't tell if it had any sort of smell, so I peed then went to tell hubby, and I can feel it coming out more.

.... is this just some discharge? Baby is going nuts, I feel like there is an octopus in there. I would estimate there would be maybe 2-3 tablespoons of liquid?

Ok....personally I would get this checked out if I were you. The fluid would make me nervous in combination with the pain. Better to just go get checked and figure out what is going on rather than leave it and wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->