32 weeks and spotting

oliv

Reaction score
So last week I had one spot of red blood after I went for a wee. Didn’t think much of it as it didn’t happen again. Last night I was up and down up vomiting and diarrhea and not this morning I’ve had more spotting. I generally feel very off just can’t explain the feeling. Is it something I should be worried about?

It's definitely worth mentioning to your midwife x

Yep any bleeding is best checked out, even a tiny amount. Better to be safe

I had bleeding at 31 weeks they sent me straight to hospital and I had to be kept in over night just to make sure everything was ok. Best to be safe x

Chances are it's just an irritated cervix or something but I would say it's definitely worth getting checked. If something is wrong at 32 weeks there is so much they can do. For example if they are concerned that there might be a problem they can give steroids which makes a huge difference to baby if it comes to early delivery.

I’ve now started to leak clear smelling fluid enough to make me change my underwire and put a pad on

You really need to go and get checked out, take any pad with you that you've leaked onto x

I really think you should go and checked out right away. It could still turn out to be nothing but if they are warning signs even a few hrs can make so much difference.

Yes I had spotting at 28/29 weeks and also was sent for overnight observation @ the hospital. They were concerned about preterm labour or placental abruption - and they took it very seriously even though it ended up being nothing. Definitely better to have it checked, and when I went no one made me feel bad for going in, I actually didn’t want to stay overnight and both the OB at the hospital and my midwife told me I needed to stay.
If you can - take a picture of the spotting to show them when you go in because they’ll ask you to describe it in detail, which I found difficult because I didn’t take a close look before flushing it. So a picture could help them and you. But yes at the very least call your doctor and they’ll tell you what to do. This is what they’re there for.

I hope everything is okay. Remember to give us update!

Hope all is well.

I had wee bit of spotting two weeks ago, just one time but I took a picture of it and called the on call doc. He told me to go in IF I was having pain or the spotting continued. Neither happened so I just went in to my regular doctor the next morning, and showed her the picture. She was confident it was cervical irritation. I have not had any since.

But I'm with Sander that taking a photo is a good idea and agree with he other ladies hopefully you at least called. My GUESS is that with your upset tummy you have more discharge (that happens me to when I have a big poo sorry if TMI but you know, it's pushing things down) but combining being sick with blood and liquid is probs a good idea to ask the doc!!

Good luck. xoxo

So I rang the hospital and they asked me to come in as they suspected my waters had started to leak. They hadn't but I'm suffering from dehydration and very low iron. They kept me in for the night and will give me iron infusions today. They keep saying they found traces of keytones in my Urine. Not sure what that means

Glad you got checked out :hugs:

I believe ketones in your urine are in relation to gestinational diabetes, or in instances when you maybe aren't eating enough and your body is breaking down fat cells to make up for it. I'm not 100% sure though, maybe someone else will be able to help more. You should ask one of the doctors or midwives what exactly it may mean for you xx

Ketones in the urine are a sign of dehydration. You are probably dehydrated due to the vomiting and diarrhoea, and you will be feeling even more rubbish if you are anaemic too. Get well soon!

Keytones are in relation to dehydration or not eating enough could be due to sickness and stuff hopefully they get your iron under control and get you plenty of fluid take care

Hey everyone, they have upped my iron intake and I'm being allowed home today thankfully

definitely best to have it checked out!
spotting and fluid leaking are possible signs of something that needs attention!
good ideas others had to take pictures of take pad in etc.

good luck! let us know how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"