32 Weeks - Growth Scan - Difference in Measurements?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has been through similar. Was referred for a growth scan today due to baby plotting above 90th centile according to fundal height and also persistent glucose in my urine (although not in any blood sample).

Whilst the scan was reassuring in that the head, abdomen and femur measurements combined gave an estimated fetal weight of 4lb 12oz, exactly on the 50th centile on my growth curve, the head measurement is at 36 weeks (4 weeks ahead of where i am now) and the femur length is 1 week behind (so 31 weeks) A difference of 5 weeks between the two. Abdomen measurement is 33 weeks. Sonographer wasnt worried about the head measurement but ive been doing the dreaded googling and read it might be a soft marker for DS.

Just looking for some reassurance?

My advice ...stay away from Dr google :haha:

Scans are not always 100% accurate and I'm sure if there was any cause for concern the sonographer would have said something. I remember having a scan at 36 weeks and being told baby weighed about 2.7 kg according to scan, but was born a week later weighing only 2.3kg (sorry I don't know lbs ) :flower:

I had a similar experience, but didn't receive as detailed information as you so early on.

With my first, her Femur was in the 95%, her weight was 50%, and her head was 75%...so a pretty big difference between the three.

I wasn't made aware of these differences until our first visit to the Paediatrician, who assured me that all babies are different, and its not about the different sizes, its about where the baby goes from there. Her height, weight and head size should stay within her "growth curve". A huge drop or growth spurt is when there is cause for concern.

My current child is about half a pound heavier so far, but similar in height/head size. [I just have big babies]

Also, they would have noticed the markers for Downs at your anatomy [or anomaly] scan around 20-22 weeks... I'm pretty sure at that point they would have let you know.

It never hurts to express concerns to your MW/ Doc...:winkwink:

Thank you both for the reassurance, you're right no markers for DS were noted at the anomaly scan. I shall try not to worry :)

Was constantly going for scan for baby to small baby to big babies tummy is to big Jesus they had me worried sick ! When she came she was just perfect 7lb10oz try not to worry I no it's not easy. . Xxx

With my first baby she measured 30 percent for everything except head size. Her head was 85%. She was born 40+4 weighting 6.14 and 19 inches. So technically small. But her head was big. 85%. She's 2.5 and her head is still measuring 80%. Nothings wrong. She just has a big head:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->