33 weeks and been told there's a possibility of delivery soon.

fernie3

Reaction score
I am 33 weeks. In hospital with high blood pressure which at the moment isn't responding well to medication etc.
The doctor has been round an basically said that while it's ideal to get to 35/36 weeks it may be that I need to deliver in the near future so I am 33+2 now.

I have just had the first steroid injection got one more to come.
So really just wondering two things, with the steroids what is the baby like at this stage and also is it likely to be induction or c section ?

Hi Hun, 33weeks is a good gestation if there is one, Premature babies are almost fully developed by 33 and 34 weeks
At 33 and 34 weeks, most premature babies will have fairly short NICU stays with only a few complications. They may need help breathing for a short time, but learning to eat may take the longest.

Really at this gestation it's not about if baby will be ok and survive like younger gestations, it's more just helping baby grow and feed. Ur baby will need help breathing at first cause lungs r still developing but the steroids will help alot. Baby will be around 4lb

Good luck hun

From what I have seen in my experience in SCBU I agree completely with the pp. The fact that they are giving you steroids is the most important as with my LO there was no time and he has CLD because of it. You would have a minimal stay hopefully with very few, if any complications. Good luck :)

Mine were born
ds 31+5 (steroids 3days) stayed in 35days
dd 32+4 (steroids 2weeks prior) stayed in 19days

They only stayed in hospital to gain weight and establish feeding then went home.

xx

Thanks for the replies . My earliest baby before has been 36 weeks and he seemed tiny so I am a little nervous t the thought of an even smaller one. Still no idea what will happen though as my blood pressure is all over the place so not sure if tablets are working or not!

Of you have a baby at this stage is it more likely to be induction or c section? I had an induction at 36 weeks but was hard to get things going

Oliver was delivered at 32+6 (my waters had gone three days before), I got the steroids as soon as my waters went. He was born a whopping weight for his gestation at 4lb 13oz. He had a 16 day stay for the usual feeding, growing temperature and probably would have been allowed out before if it hadn't been for the jaundice that kept returning.

I'm sure about the type of delivery they would give you, I had a section but LO was breech and I had cysts they needed to take care of at the same time.

My friend had her baby at 35 weeks and she was initially induced, she ended up with a c section though because LO's heart rate kept dropping. So I suppose they will probably decide which is the best way to deliver your LO safely.

HTH

I had my baby girl yesterday at 33 weeks 2 days. Very quick and unexpected. My beautiful daughter is doing well. She is on a ventilator for some help with breathing but they hope to have it off today. She was 4 lb 10oz so a good weight. I am so happy and on love with her but it's also very scary.

Fab! I remember you from 1st/2nd tri. Hope she gets better very quickly x

Thanks Sam. Trying to stay upbeat but feeling very scared. All a bit surreal, it happened so quickly and unexpectedly.

Hi hun I had my DD at 34+2 she was delieverd by section but that was because of my heart condition. Im sure unless there are major complications you can deliver naturally.... Depends on your health mainly... and how the baby copes with Labour.

I had my steroids at 28 weeks (they thought I was having a placental abruption) and she came out screaming!!! So no breathing or lung issues.

She was totally healthy and we only had to be in NICU for her to establish heating and to start regulating her temp. Were ther 2 1/2 weeks.

Thinking of you, but dont worry about her coming at this stage especially with the steroids... Im sure she will be just fine :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->