34/35 weeks, what can I expect? updated

pixydust

Married mama of two :D
Reaction score
I'm having a scheduled c-section on Friday 3rd Feb (due date 10th March) I'll be 34+6, I know this isnt exceptionally premature, but I just wondered if anyones babys were born around this gestation and what I can expect? Thanks x

Hey hun!
I cant speak from experience on this one but my best friend had hers at 33 weeks and was only in for a few days to establish feeding, and they went home. Her lil girl is a whizz kid now!

My son was born at 35 weeks. He spent 3 weeks in the NICU trying to establish feedings (he was on CPAP for a couple days, then low flow oxygen due to the altitude that he came home on, and came off of 2 weeks ago). It was a breeze compared to my 28 weeker to be honest.

I've had one LO born at 34ish weeks & one at 35ish weeks.

Both spent 1 week in SCBU, tube fed (formula & EBM) for a couple of days, fully established breastfeeding by day 4, jaundice day 5 & 6 then discharged day 7.

my baby was born at 34 weeks and 5 days, she was in scbu for 17 nights, had minor breathing problem main isssue was feeding, she was tube fed and took a while for her to take the bottle

my baby was born at 34 + 3 peds dr was happy with her weight so she stayed with me and I fed her, she was a bit jaundice so she went under the lamp for a few hours, we stayed in for a week, she is home with me now though :)

Just a little update :)

The c-section went really well, Elodie Aurora (yeah, last minute middle name change! lol) was born at 9.32am weighing a massive 6lb 4oz!!!
She initially came with me into recovery but was admitted to neonatal at around midday as her breathing was still grunty. I'm really not sure what happened from there, I think she was on something which would start up helping with breathing automatically as and when needed? But luckily she didnt actually have any assistance and the grunting resolved itself, she just had antibiotics which carried on until day 4.
She came back to me on the main ward about 6/8 hours later, sometime in the middle of the night.
Day 3, she was weighed at 5lb 9oz (10.5% down from birth weight)
Day 4, she weighed 5lb 4.5oz (13% down)
Day 5, she weighed 5lb 4oz (13.1% down)
Day 6, finally went up by 20grams
Day 7, up by 60 grams and we were discharged :D

She's doing really well now!

congrats, gorgeous name sounds like she is coming on a treat x

good to hear and glad she is doing well, wow she weighed loads more then my little 1 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->