35 weeks. Should I start on the hospital bag?

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to buy my sanitary pads yesterday, cotton balls for bub and that's it lol.
Should I do the hospital bag shopping this week? Etc; soap, comfortable underwear and maternity tops?
I still haven't bought any clothes for the baby yet **face palms** I feel so lazy this pregnancy.

Yeah why not! Pack it and leave it aside. Baby & I are already packed but I haven't packed dd a bag. Planning to start soon except I can't put some stuff in as she'll use them.

I've already bought a few things that I will need for the hospital. Toiletries, and such for the most part. I have a couple of going home outfits for the baby packed up as well (two sizes in case she's bigger than expected). I will worry about throwing in some clothing (with the exception of a gown) once labor has started.

Lol might as well. Unless you really don't feel like it. I have mine packed but that's just because I really don't want to rely on dh to know the difference between a nursing bra or tank and a regular one...not that he's incompetent, it'll just be the right stuff for sure if I do it ahead of time. Now the only obstacle is making sure he grabs the right bags... lol

I plan to head to Walmart soon and stock up on the travel sized things like deodorant, toothbrush and paste etc.
Not sure what to do about clothes for myself though, it's always been a problem. I want to bring maternity clothes because I won't be comfortable in my pre pregnancy clothes immediately after birth, despite that their plus size clothes. If I pack what I actually want to wear I won't be able to wear it until I go into labour haha.

So I think I'll put some baby items together, get the toiletries for hubby and I together in a bag and wait on clothes. I'll just play fast and loose with clean clothes haha.

Might as well! :D My bags have been packed for a few weeks now. Just makes things easier because now we don't have to worry about it at all. You could always add things here and there as you go along as well.

I would definitely start to get things now that you wouldn't just have in the house like maternity pads, nipple cream and breast pads, at least then if you go into labour early you can't throw your toothbrush and other essential toiletries in a bag with a couple of nighties and go.

Think I might hit up walmart and buy my small stuff tonight. I haven't even started, but probably should.

I'm starting on my diaper bag (first baby) and will pack my hospital bags at 35 weeks. Might as well start it!

I am starting to think about getting the stuff I need over the next few weeks and pack around 35/36 weeks.

I am having a schedualed section at 39 weeks but I need to rememeber something could happen before then and I want to be prepared!

Hehe thanks ladies, I bought a new suit case to fit dd's clothes too, she might want to stay in hospital with me.. I asked the mw if dd can stay and she yes yes definitely lol :)
Bought the baby clothes today and soap,
I will pack it this week.
And yes I don't want OH to pack it lol. He would be so useless :rofl:

My dh went into the hospital bagless even though he stayed the night...he had a family member bring him stuff the next day, lol

I really need to start packing mine, but I'm still in the process of washing all of ds clothes and newborn onsies ready for little bean. It's so hard to find time being this pregnant and having an 18 month old toddler 😊x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->