36 and trying to conceive twins

candypants

Reaction score
Hello! I'm 36 years old now, and my hubby and I are going to try for twins this fall. Being older is a good thing I've read for dropping two eggs. I'm also still nursing our youngest....still using birth control pills....I'm 5'8"....taking a prenatal as well as extra folic acid....drinking plenty of milk....and have been eating the peelings of cassava for 3 months now (yuk). Anyone out there trying to conceive twins?

Hello! I'm 36 years old now, and my hubby and I are going to try for twins this fall. Being older is a good thing I've read for dropping two eggs. I'm also still nursing our youngest....still using birth control pills....I'm 5'8"....taking a prenatal as well as extra folic acid....drinking plenty of milk....and have been eating the peelings of cassava for 3 months now (yuk). Anyone out there trying to conceive twins?

Hello - I didn't realise that you could ttc twins. I always thought it was random or a result of fertility treatment.

What does the casava peelings do?

I would secretly like twins next time around as I would like 4 kids and I know my next pregnancy will be my last...

Cassava is a type of Yam...its supposed to make you hyperovulate and therefore make it more likely that twins will be conceived, along with dairy, breastfeeding, being older, gaining weight and a few other ideas around.....you can eat lots of tapioca pudding as its made from cassava.

GL...hope it works out for you.

Oh blech I can't believe you're eating the peelings! I've just been taking the cassava supplements from cassavashop, they have peelings in them. I got a code last time from retailmenot for 10%, it was 10FORGOS, it might still work. Anyway thank goodness for them because I don't even like the cassava without the peel, it's so dry. This way I can take like 4 caplets a day.

I'm 36, just about to have my first , and having twins next would be my worst nightmare!

My partner is 48 so we won't be going back onto contraception after our first is born as we want our kids very close together... but with my age and other risk factors (fraternal twins run on both sides of my family, I will be breastfeeding when we are TTC, I'm tall, I eat a lot of dairy) I will be avoiding cassava at all costs!!

Haha....yes, Ma'am. You best stay away from cassava and lots of extra folic acid. You're a great candidate for twins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->