36 weeks- Clicking Noise Coming From My Belly? Worried/Puzzled

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
Well, the title pretty much says it all. I'm 36 weeks along and in the past couple weeks I've noticed a very audible 'clicking/popping' noise coming from my bump, up by her hips, legs, feet area. Its very weird. I'm always sitting still when I hear it, so I know its not me. It sounds just like when your back pops or something, just a much smaller bone, lol. Like a tiny bone? Anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know what it is? Is this something I should be concerned about?:shrug: oh, the woes of pregnancy :wacko:

I have been having the same thing!! I am 38 weeks today!
I mentioned it to my OB and she didn't seem to know what it was but said not to be concerned!?

I was afraid of that, with the ob's being clueless. I had googled it a minute ago and I can't seem to find an answer but a lot of woman say they hear it. One lady said her ob told her he didn't know what it was but that it was kind of rare, he only has about one woman a year report hearing it. That's really crazy. Someone else said their ob said it could be hip dysplacia? Not sure how its spelled......that's scary.

Yer I googled it too and found the same forums, hopefully not hip dysplasia :-S
I did read that now the bub is so big it could be air bubbles popping in your bowl from bub moving and pushing on it.......I only hear it when my baby is moving around lots!?

I read the bowel thing too, but I have a hard time believing it, it just doesn't sound like that to me. Some people even said they were told it could be the baby sucking their hands/fingers? Its cute to think that's what it is, but my pops come from the top of my bump, and she's head down so I'm having a hard time believing that one too. :)

Hi, my tummy has started doing this again! It happened in my first pregnancy with my daughter and whilst I don't know what exactly causes it, I know there's no I'll effects from it. She doesn't have bad joints or anything horrible!

It happens to me now quite often it's so bizarre isn't it! Don't worry about it :hugs:

That's great to know you had it during your first pregnancy but bub was fine :)

To me it sounds like either bubs joints clicking or sucking of thumb/hand! I guess its one of those things we will never really know lol

I had this with my previous pregnancy and he was fine they had no idea what was causing it but all his joints/ bones are perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->