37 ttc#2 3rd cycle and getting concerned

camsmom

mom of 1 son,11,preg w #2
Reaction score
Well here I am at cd6 for the third time. I guess I just figured it would just happen right away. I started using opk 's last month and bbt charting so I know I'm ovulating. Was contemplating pre seed even though I do have ewcm for about three days. We bd on the right days and still no bfp. Any tips from anyone on conceiving at 37?

I'm 38 and ttc #3. Just moving on to cycle 4 now as AF arrived yesterday.

DD1 was a surprise but DD2 was planned and happened 1st cycle so I guess that's what I thought was going to happen this time as well.
We used OPK all 3 times and by rights I should be pregnant now as we timed it perfectly each time (plus extra BD to make sure lol) so like you, I'm getting concerned.

Sorry I don't have any advice, seems your doing all the things we are doing. One thing though, that's we know our bodies are capable of getting pregnant. I just wish we could be in more control

Well maybe we can be cycle buddies being as we are both in the same boat so to speak. Im due to ovulate on the 28th or 29th so let the fun begin as my dh says. Lol I was reading that after 35 the average time for conception is six months to a year. Ugh. My son was a surprise also so we have never actually tried until now. Good luck to you and hopefully we will both be getting our bfp this cycle!

I'm going to ovulate around the 7th but my partner works away and wont be hear that week so I'm even more concerned as its going to take twice as long :-(

I am 38 TTC #2. 3rd cycle too!

My first pregnancy - I fell pregnant in 2009 however lost my baby girl when i was 5 months pregnant. Went through the normal labor and said our last good bye to her. I fell pregnant again after 3 months but suffered another loss at 8 weeks.

After which, i was on TCM for 3 months, fell pregnant and had my little miracle baby girl! I used Sasmar conceive plus so I would like to think both helped me in conceiving.

I'm due to ovulate on the 28th (which is usually CD12 or 13). Using OPK and charting. Good luck to all of us!

I am 38 and about to embark on Cycle3 TTC#3.

I have been pregnant 4 times, 1 accident ended in a mc, son was first month trying, 2nd mc after conceiving in the first cycle and conceived my daughter on our 2nd cycle...so I am a bit dissapointed that I am not pg already.

TBH hubby not fully on board so we only managed to DTD once last cycle even though I was Ovulating... and only a few times in the 1st cycle...

Anyway onto Cycle 3 and am CD5 or CD6 at the moment, I can't remember when AF arrived.

GL ladies.

Good luck to all of you. I'm now cd12 and got my positive opk today. We dtd today and I actually used pre seed for the first time. We will see if it helps. Planning to bd tomorrow and Tuesday and hope for the best.

Hello Camsmom and ladies.
Thanks for your post.
I am TTC 38 years old. Trying natural conception for now.
Currently on Day 36 nearly 37 and no AF. Now not sure when I ovulated as I thought it was day 20 using Maybebaby and a bit of what i thought was EWCM...but i thought that after ovulating we have af 14 days later...so now near day 37 does that mean I did not o when I thought I did....really confused now. Definately not pregnant, No line at all on HPT.
I have mild PCOS so sometimes irregular cycles but more or less 30 to 33 days usually.
What does longer cycles suggest? Anyone know?

Hmmm this cycle thing is quite confusing!!

Good luck to all you over 35ers....wishing your babies really soon!!!

I would start using opk sticks and possibly tracking your bbt temp each morning. That way you can confirm ovulation and time your bd around it. It helped me alot.

Hello ladies, guessed i am out this cycle. I've been charting for a long time. I stopped charting after giving birth and started again in April. I know my body well and my pre and post-O temp, i usually ovulate between 13-15. However this cycle looks like my O happened on CD10. Guessed it's one of the wacky cycle or because of my age.

Hello ladies! Just wanted to echo what others have said - it can take 6-12 months after 35. You just have to hit that one lucky egg ;) it took me 6 months at 38 to conceive my first; now ttc number 2 at 40. You'll get there! :flower:

I am TTC # 2 and I have had two cycles with no success. I will be 37 in february. My OH has IBS. I am wondering if this is a reason why we haven't conceived yet. I read that men who have IBS have lower sperm counts. Has anyone heard of this?

Hello ladies! Just wanted to echo what others have said - it can take 6-12 months after 35. You just have to hit that one lucky egg ;) it took me 6 months at 38 to conceive my first; now ttc number 2 at 40. You'll get there! :flower:

I have even read one estimate that the average length of time is 1-2 years even if the woman is healthy and perfectly timed intercouse.

This stat used to depress me when I was TTC #1, but now that I'm about to be 38 and I've been trying for over nine cycles to get pg with #2, it is comforting to know that this is normal. The over 35s who conceive in less than that time really just got lucky.

I have even read one estimate that the average length of time is 1-2 years even if the woman is healthy and perfectly timed intercouse.

This stat used to depress me when I was TTC #1, but now that I'm about to be 38 and I've been trying for over nine cycles to get pg with #2, it is comforting to know that this is normal. The over 35s who conceive in less than that time really just got lucky.

Yep well said CaliDreaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->