37 week scan. est weight 7lb 7. big?????

tristansmum

Reaction score
So I had a scan today to check his position which is head down yay! But estimated weight is 7lb 7oz!!!, at 37+3 :-/. My son was 7lb 10 at 40+1. I'm only little. Getting worried

With my first baby, I had a growth scan done at 35 weeks. They estimated his size to be 7 pounds at that time. He was born at 38w3d, weighing 7 pounds, 13 oz. So, the estimate was off possibly but not by much. Do keep in mind, though, that in the last couple of weeks, baby's weight gain tends to slow down.

I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead on fundal height too so I'm thinking its probably accurate

If it makes you feel better my growth scans were a bit out - she was estimated to be just over 7lb at time of induction (38 wks) but was 6lb 6 and 3/4oz. X

Their estimations can be quite off. I also heard from nurses and doctors that I was going to have a big baby. She ended up being just over a perfect 8lbs.

My sister in law was told her baby over 8 lb but nope when she born just over 6 lb.

I've had the same. At my 37 weeks growth scan I was told baby was 7.5lb. At my Mw appt today I'm measuring 43weeks so 5 weeks over. It's really getting to me how big this baby is going to be

I've had the same. At my 37 weeks growth scan I was told baby was 7.5lb. At my Mw appt today I'm measuring 43weeks so 5 weeks over. It's really getting to me how big this baby is going to be

I'm just scared cause I'm as big now as I was with my son when he was born and he was 7lb 10 so I feel the scan might be accurate... Which is fine if I go into labour soon. But if I'm still pregnant in 4 weeks time he is going to be big! I'm only 5ft and UK size 8-10. My last birth ended up in emcs cause his head was tilted at a funny angle and even forceps would not turn him. There is no suggestion it has anything to do with his weight but I'm scared what if I can't push this one out. I'm planning vbac but totally doubting myself now. :-/

I've been booked for a c-section. I have an issue with my hip and then his size meant it was probably the best option to avoid problems. Mines been booked for 40+1 though so I'm totally panicking at how big this maybe will be at birth. Dh was just over 10lbs but I was only 6lbs. I'd hoped to have a tiny little thing but now that's put the window :(

I agree with the previous posters who have said the measurements can be off at times.

With DD1 I had a scan 2 wks before my induction that had her at over 8 lbs, so they were pretty certain I was carrying a 9 lb+ baby. I ended up having to have a Section (due to other issues), and I remember lying there on the table hearing the attending go "Oh, she is not that big at all!"--she ended up being 7lbs, 14 oz!!

Even with that in my history, I am nervous about the little lady I am currently carrying as they are again predicting a large baby, even my belly is measuring big and I FEEL like this baby is bigger! I'm not a candidate for VBAC unfortunately :nope:, but I still hope she is not as big as she is being predicted to be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->