37 weeks, 2-3 dilated, 80% eff but baby not low?

calm81

Reaction score
I just got back from my 37 week check up and for my 36 week check up my OB said my cervix was closed. Today, one week later I'm at 2-3 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced. The thing is, before she did an internal check on me she measured my tummy and said baby was head down but not low yet.

How can I be 2-3 dilated, 80 % effaced if the baby isn't sitting low to help cervix dilate? Or am I just confusing myself about how the dilation process works lol.

What do you ladies think?

Background info, this is my 3rd pregnancy and I've read that babies don't engaged until labor for repeat moms, so maybe that's why, dunno.

Suggestions? :flower:

I was this way as well. You're certainly on your way!

the baby can sit low-head down for long periods, and if your LO is anything like MINE, she will stay in that position only. What can change is the engagement. Baby will float and settle and float and settle until they decide to engage! and then she's fully loaded! LOL

Seems like baby has been floating and the periods she's down there have done quite a bit!

the baby can sit low-head down for long periods, and if your LO is anything like MINE, she will stay in that position only. What can change is the engagement. Baby will float and settle and float and settle until they decide to engage! and then she's fully loaded! LOL

Seems like baby has been floating and the periods she's down there have done quite a bit!

Your post had me picturing my baby playing the "tag, not it" game, lol. Will I settle? Nope, I'll just float....maybe settle..nope just float lol. I hope I made sense haha. :haha:

I was 2 CM 3 weeks before birth. (37 weeks) and at that point 50% effaced, baby not engaged.

One week before my labor (39 weeks) I was 4 CM (on a Monday) and 80% effaced, baby not engaged. Went into labor that Thursday night around 9 PM and had baby at 8AM on Friday at 39 weeks 6 days. First baby.

Your post had me picturing my baby playing the "tag, not it" game, lol. Will I settle? Nope, I'll just float....maybe settle..nope just float lol. I hope I made sense haha. :haha:

LOL! :haha:

Was told my baby is really low but not dilated at all that was at 37 weeks I hope Friday now that I'm 38 weeks there's some dilation. I feel so much pressure and sharps pains shooting in the va jay jay! Oh I'm so hoping for some progress... Good luck ladies.

Hi calm, how is it going? Any baby movements?

Xxxx

Good morning Glitterfly,

I was in pain ALL day yesterday. I do believe she engaged (I'm assuming), the pressure in my pelvis brought me to a couple tears as there were electric shocks or vagina knives stabbing my pelvic area all day. :cry:

It really felt like she could fall out and I didn't have this with the other two kids, maybe because I never made it passed 36 weeks with them. I want her out already. :cry:

I did walk for 3 miles though, so wondering if that had something to do with the sharp pains. I'm not a slow walker. I hope you're doing good :flower:

That will totally do it for you. I went to the hospital on Friday bc of those same feelings! Baby has been head down from the jump and since I am on my feet 90% of the day complete with bending over sitting up and loads of walking I pawned it off to that. My boss wasn't happy with my lacadaisicle approach and when I called my ob get surprisingly wanted me in to be checked. On check I was 3-4cm dilated And 60% effaced. Once I got to the hospital for more monitoring I was relaxed, laying down and the cervical check measures 1-2cm....so gravity helps...ALOT! You keep that walking up she'll be here in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->