38 weeks and still no control on blood sugars.

Little Muffin

Reaction score
I was diagnosed at 31 weeks, and controlled it for a whole week with diet before the sugars got worse.
I was put on glyburide, which didn't work. Then instead of insulin my doctor wanted to just up my glyburide dose and I just asked for insulin instead.

Still no control!! I had my dosages increased and it's 13 units at mornings and 10 at night for slow acting insulin. And it's 8 units per meal of fast acting. Still nothing.
I just ate two turkey and cheese sandwhiches on whole wheat bread. Blood sugars are now 189 one hour post meal.
I'm so fed up with this. I've been trying so hard and ripping my hair out over this. I know it's almost over, and luckily baby is weighing estimated at 50th percentile. But if he needs to be in NICU due to low blood sugars I'll be so upset and feel like such a failure.

I hate going to my endocrinologist because she guilts and makes me feel terrible and scares me, even though it's not my fault :(

I have no help lovely sorry. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. Pregnancy is stressful enough without added complications. You just want the best for u r baby and it can be so heartbreaking thinking that your own body is causing harm. Chin up not long to go at all. Just keep doing what you are doing...are they delivering you early? Xx

Sorry momma! GD sucks! I had to be super strict with what I ate and seriously ended up eating the same meals and snacks every day for 2 months once I had found things that (typically) worked. Just hang in there. You're almost there!! :hugs:

I had asked in your other thread to explain your diet and no response...so I'd like to help but its important to know what you eat normally. 2 sandwiches in one meal...depending on the bread could be too many carbs for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->