38 weeks fetal biometry is 2 weeks ahead. Help!

kayosama22

Reaction score
HI mommies,

My wife is on her exact 38 weeks and went for an ultrasound to check babys postion and biometry. We found out that almost all of the result are 2 weeks ahead and he is now 39+6 instead of 38

Bpd - 9.89 (40w4d)
Hc - 34.52 (40w)
Ac - 34.98 (38w6d)
Fl - 7.8 (39w6d)

3791g +/- 568.79g

Placenta - Grade3 posterofundal (what is the meaning of this?)

Does these normal at late pregnancy ?need your expert advise mommy.
Thanks

It’s all absolutely normal. Baby might be on the larger side but scans are not always accurate and also there is lots of room for variation so really don’t worry. I was nearly 4 weeks ahead at some scans, they all grow at different rates.

Please don’t take this the wrong way but you really need to stop worrying about every result and test you get. The doctors will always tell you if there is any cause for concern and what to do. You seem really anxious and it doesn’t bode well for when baby is born as there are a million more things to worry about then! Is your wife anxious too? Only you may need some help with that anxiety when baby is here or it can easily overtake you and you won’t be able to enjoy your baby. As parents you need to trust your instincts and you will know if something really is wrong but honestly you will drive yourself mad overthinking every little thing. Please don’t think I’m being harsh but I think it’s inportant to point these things out now as when baby is born anxiety can increase massively so it is best to get help in place ASAP x

My babies head circumference was measuring 38 weeks at 33 weeks. I was worried but the consultant said they prefer baby to be measuring bigger rather than smaller. I had a scan 3 weeks later and babies head was measuring 37 weeks (they said heads don’t just shrink) so it looks like the earlier scan was off.

Don’t worry 2 weeks either side is perfectly normal and even at 2 weeks ahead baby would only measure around the 50%

Hi .

Thanks for the rep. I’m not actually that anxious ikm just curious because this will be our first baby so we are new to evrything but you’re right we need to trust are parents instincts.

My wife is not worried . I’m the only one in a bit anxious because i’m away from her and woeking overseas but be back when she give birth and the only way i could help her is thru research and thru this, that’s why every test or lab results i need to check if it’s ok or not.

Your answers are really helpful.

Thanks

Yep, perfectly normal. And like pp said can be off.

My lo was measuring 6 lbs 15 oz 9 days before she was born. She only weighed 6 lbs 5 oz. So there was quite a difference from the scan to actual size.

Hi .

Thanks for the rep. I’m not actually that anxious ikm just curious because this will be our first baby so we are new to evrything but you’re right we need to trust are parents instincts.

My wife is not worried . I’m the only one in a bit anxious because i’m away from her and woeking overseas but be back when she give birth and the only way i could help her is thru research and thru this, that’s why every test or lab results i need to check if it’s ok or not.

Your answers are really helpful.

Thanks

No problem, it’s natural to be nervous the first time around but honestly the doctors would tell you if you had anything to worry about, about any results at all so don’t panic. If they haven’t said anything about the results it means it’s normal. Won’t be long till the baby is here now and you will have a whole been heap of things to worry about! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->