3D scans?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
I have a question for everyone who gets/is getting 3d scans. Did you have to get a doctors referral form? I have found that i will need one to get a 3d scan, but I don't have any reason for needing one except that i want one... Wonder if I could make up a good excuse...

well i dont know if its the same where you live....but where i live ive herd that you can get them for £50 if you smoke....as they like to make sure they baby is ok...and i think they think by the mother seeing the baby in more detail it might be encouriging enough for her to quit so i think im jus going to use that excuse lol.....but i dint no u needed a doctors referal im i thought u cud just go there pay and..ta da! x x x

I know you can get them in Melbourne, but thats over an hr by plane for me... And not really viable. There are no places in qld that I know of where you can get one without a referral I think.

Here in the US it's a business, completely separate from a Doctor. Anyone can walk in get one.

Here in the US it's a business, completely separate from a Doctor. Anyone can walk in get one.
Same with Canada... I actually made my appointment online, then they just sent an email for confirmation.

Yip, same here in Switzerland - they make it clear it's not a medical scan. I meant to ask my doc his opinion on them but forgot.

Havent yet decided if I'll have one or not. Might just save my money. I'll see baby in all his 4D splendour in 4 months anyway!...but oooh can I really be that self controlled?!

Has anyone ever paid for a scan and got bad photos? The lady doing my last regular scan said at that time my baby would have been too active for any decent 3D photos. Apparently we need them to be slower?

I am having my 3D scan today and I was told that if baby doesn't cooperate and if they can't get good photos, I can go back for a free visit. I've also browsed many other companies on the internet and they say the same thing.

Also the same in the UK, I have one booked for next week, and you basically just phone up, pay a deposit, turn up and pay the rest..you dont even need to take your notes with you. Completely seperate from the doctors.

Yea..I just called and made an appt for mine. Didn't need anything from the doctor. They did ask my doctor's name, but that's it.

Sigh, this is sad. My friend said her aunt had one, and is pretty sure she didn't need a referral. So i'm finding out for sure soon. I really hope that I can get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->