3dpo & have real bad head cold, will this affect implantation?

kiwigalnz

Reaction score
So today im 3 dpo, yesterday at 2 dpo i started to get a very sore throat. Today (3dpo) i feel absolutely terrible! Worst cold i have had in a long time. Stuffy nose, sore throat, very very tired.

Has anyone got their :bfp: when they got a cold at the beginning of their tww? I dont feel hopeful that this could be the month because of this cold :cry:

Umm.. Well sometimes you get a head cold because of the hormone changes in your body. Your hormone levels change before implantation if the egg is going to implant.
GL xx

Don't get too worried yet. It could be a good sign! Some women get cold symptoms at the time of implantation and ovulation.

Thanks ladies.

This isn't just a light head cold, its full on head cold, i feel dreadful.

I had the same this month - the absolute worst cold/sinus infection I've had in years. I was in the hospital with pneumonia 2 years ago and was pretty sick. It's not that bad, but it was the sickest I've been since. We went to Ireland for a family wedding and I pretty much spend the entire weekend in our hotel room in bed except for the actual wedding. Mine started somewhere around 1-2 dpo. I'm really not sure I buy into the idea that colds can be a sign of pregnancy because it's way too early at that stage (you aren't technically pregnant yet), and I don't think your body can know if the egg will implant a week in advance because it depends on how the uterine lining develops in that week after fertilization. But supposedly the immune reaction to the egg as a 'foreign invader' like a virus is what prevents implantation, so maybe it's good we've been sick because our immune cells should be pretty exhausted at this point and not able to prevent the egg from implanting. I'm 7 dpo right now and still feeling rough though not as bad as over the weekend, so who knows! I guess we'll all find out in a few more days.

I am also sick and I'm 1 or 2 DPO. I woke up this am with a 100 degree fever. I'm so worried it's going to mess things up. We'll see! Feel better!

MindUtopia
thats what i thought, it is way too early for this cold to be a symptom as the egg could still be travelling. I am hoping that you are correct and it helps the egg implant.
Your lucky your 7 dpo, im only 4 dpo and it's taking for ever! I really do hate tww!!

Are you ladies feeling any better yet? I'm praying for your illnesses to go away quickly.

I still feel like crap. This is roughly day 8 of my cold and also 8 dpo for me. What the heck? I know I said I didn't think this could in any way be a sign of pregnancy, but now I'm starting to wonder if it is. I rarely ever get sick and when I do, it's always the same pattern (1-2 days of actually being sick, and 2-3 more days of a cough and then it's completely gone). I can't remember the last time I've been truly sick for more than a week (but without a fever). I work from home and the past 2 days my "working" has consisted of me lying on the couch half-asleep. I'm just exhausted. I thought I'd ask my friend who is a doula about it since I do think it's strange (she is my resource on all things pregnancy related). Apparently, she had the exact same thing for a week or so during her TWW when she got pregnant! Okay, now that freaked me out a bit. Biologically speaking, it doesn't make sense, but who knows! Maybe there is something to it?

I'm hoping she rIght then!! Haha because this chest cough (previously a head cold) is really makin me struggle! I wish I worked at home!!
I have asthma too so it doesn't make it any easier.
God I'm praying for a bfp! I derserve it for not taking any antibiotics hehe

I'm hoping she rIght then!! Haha because this chest cough (previously a head cold) is really makin me struggle! I wish I worked at home!!
I have asthma too so it doesn't make it any easier.
God I'm praying for a bfp! I derserve it for not taking any antibiotics hehe

I agree! We do deserve something for this. I have asthma too and I've definitely not been taking the cold medicine I normally would. It is safe in pregnancy, but it just made me feel worse and really dehydrated. I'm actually thinking of maybe testing on Saturday, which would be 10 dpo. It's earlier than I would have liked, but we're going camping for the weekend, so if I was pregnant, I'd like to (try) to know before we go so I take it a bit easier than I normally would out there.

Asthma makes it ten times worse with flus and colds aye. Sucks.

Oh let me know the outcome of your test. Wish I could test now

Are you ladies able to take anything? I am a firm believer in Airborne to help get over colds.

Are you ladies able to take anything? I am a firm believer in Airborne to help get over colds.

Yep, been taking plenty of vitamins. I drink Emergen-C (pretty much the same as Airborne) every day anyway, and I usually up it to 2/day when I'm sick. I make my mom import it in mass quantities from the U.S. since I can't find it here. Normally, it helps, but not this time. The cold is better (as far as congestion) though still congested (but can actually breathe through my nose a bit), but just feeling out of it a bit and really exhausted now. It's like the longest cold ever....

Have no idea what airborne is I live in nz so don't think we have them here.

Cold and chest much better today. Just a flemi cough, nose still gets runny and blocked. But getting better for sure, mucus no longer yellow (sorry).
Pretty sure I felt cramps yesterday but I think my head is trying to make me think it's there then today 6dpo a tiny bit of nausea again not sure if it's in my head. Still tired!

How are you ladies?

Something else you can always try with a head cold is a neti pot. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I'm doing good. Just waiting for AF to show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->