• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3rd baby and want a natural birth experience

Terangela

Reaction score
With my first I had a natural birth experience and did great. With my second my labor was much more painful and I opted for a epidural. Going into it this third time I am wanting a natural birth experience and scared I will chicken out and ask for meds. With my first the labor wasn't as painful as the pushing and I felt the second time if I had to go through the pain I was having with my labor that time and then have to have the pain and burn of pushing I would likely be too exhausted to push and give up... not likely what would have happened, but I did feel faint from the pain and am fearing that I will give in this time. Any suggestions on ways to calm yourself and get through the pain? I just remember the pain going all the way down my thighs and feeling crippling.

google natal therapy i have found this to be helpful in terms of relaxation preparation

I know what you mean, my birth with my second was intense compared to my 1st, my oh and mum were actually worried about me. I had a homebirth so I didn't have the option of an epidural (I also don't like them) but at one stage I did think if I hadn't progressed I would transfer in to get more pain relief. I was lucky that even though it was harder I progressed well and was able to cope.

I think with subsequent births even though they are typically shorter in length the pain is greater. Are you having a homebirth? As milkmachine has suggested try and find other coping techniques that you can use before you consider an epidural.

Good luck.x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->