• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3rd girl and we're stuck on a name -- HELP!

Biotechick829

Reaction score
DH and I can't agree on a name and now that we're on our 3rd girl (5 weeks to go!!) we've run out of names that really appeal to us.

Siblings are Vivienne (Vivi) and Anna.

Any thoughts on my short list?:

Charlotte (wish it wasn't so trendy)
Madelyn (pronounced "Mah-duh-lynn"... worried about spelling and trendy)
Maddison (again, trendy)

We also liked these but crossed them off the list:
Lillian (too close to Vivienne)
Elise (our last name is -s and Elise ***s just feels weird)

Please help!! All opinions welcome!!!

I think all three names from your list go well with the other two names.

I like Charlotte and Maddison the most. I'm not a fan od the name Madelyn for the same reason that you noted - spelling. I never know if it's Madelyn, Madeline, Madelynn, etc.

I'm sure you'll exactly know how to name your little girl when you see her pretty little face!

Your girls have really pretty names.
Some names which seem similar to the ones on your list:
Josephine
Emilia
Caroline
Elizabeth
Lyra
Isabel
Clara

Out of the names you listed, I think Lillian actually goes best with your older girls and it's also my favourite. I love Vivienne and Anna but the names that are still on your list aren't really my cup of tea. How about Lilith? Elisa?

I agree, the name Lilith is wooonderful!!!

How about Catherine?

I really like Charlotte but I'm biased!

I don't consider the name Madeline to be trendy but rather just that particular spelling you've used. You'd likely run into people pronouncing Madeline differently as well as some people pronounce it with the -LINE ending and others pronounce it with the -LYNN ending, but I like it anyway. (For the record the only Madelines I've ever known pronounced it with the -lynn ending and that's how I'd pronounce it by default.)

Thank you everyone!!! I really liked Lilith until I looked up some background on it.

DH and I sat down for an hour last night and voted on names. It's come down to Elise or Emily/Emma (we're not in love with any of those). Then this morning our 3 year old declared she wanted her new sister to be called "Maddie.":dohh:

Interesting to know that "Madeline" is still pronounced "Mah-duh-LYNN." Will have to do some more Googling.

Naming a human being is HARD!!

Depends where you live. There are a lot of Maddies here of various spellings. My 7 year old has 2 Maddies and an Addie in her class, we're in San Diego. When I lived in the UK I never came across either. It's a cute name :)

Got to say love the suggestion Josephine nn Josie, goes lovely with your girls names but also love Emma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->