3rd ICSI at 40, starting 17/5/2012

TurtleMuffin

Reaction score
hello
1,000th visit, but 1st post...

3rd round IVF ICSI, last chance saloon. unexplained infertility, Just wondering whether anyone else is starting up another round about now? we are starting a short antagonist cycle, Ive just got back from 1st acupuncture appointment, about to start the herbal remedy they gave me. Feels weird that in two weeks I will hopefully be having EC, then waiting to see if there's ET, then waiting waiting waiting.... am upbeat, but nervous.... anyone else feeling a bit :wacko: and waiting to start... anyone else doing acupuncture? :shrug:
IVF ICSI Jan 2010 9 eggs 4 fertilized 1 ET BFP :bfp: - chem preg then MC :cry:.
IVF ICSI July 2011 9 eggs 4 fertilized 2 ET 2 frosties BFN :bfn:, frosties didn't make it.
IVF ISCI May 2012... :headspin:

Good luck turtle muffin,how are things going?
I start my first icsi next week,I'm dreading a negative outcome. Trying to be philosophical and treat it like the next process and not a miracle cure xxxxxxxxx

Good luck ladies. I have my first ICSI coming up in July, also short protocol. Will be lucky if we get to ET, have low AMH & high FSH. Tryin to eat good, exercise, get fresh air & relax, but its hard! Also going for acupuncture. Anyway want to wish you both all the best with your cycles xx

I just had ICSI a couple days ago. I was lucky to get to retrieval and lucky to get to transfer. Now I have to wait to see if I'm lucky enough to get a positive beta hcg. This is such a rollercoaster. At least I got up to bat. I have three tries with my own eggs and then idk. Good luck to all you ladies brave enough to take this on!

Hi Turtle Muffin. I'm 40 too and this is also my last chance. I'm having IVF/ICSI and had egg retrieval today. Only had 2 eggs retrieved which has rather knocked me sideways. I was hoping for something to freeze for another chance. I'll be very lucky to have anything to put back on Monday.

Good luck turtle muffin,how are things going?
I start my first icsi next week,I'm dreading a negative outcome. Trying to be philosophical and treat it like the next process and not a miracle cure xxxxxxxxx

Hi

Im new to 'online chat' so I'm sorry I didn't see reply, we have been away for the treatment... long story, but eventually we ended up with 8 eggs. we thought this would give us lots of embies and possibly even frozen options.. but in fact only one fertilized. we nicknamed her Una while we waited to hear if she had divided. She did and we got a 3 cell ET on day 2. its not a top notch option, but Im very attached to Una already and hope she attaches to me!
This is our last chance saloon really... anyway Im 4 dpo today and wondering what to do with myself for another 14 days!!!! :wacko:

Hi Turtle Muffin. I'm 40 too and this is also my last chance. I'm having IVF/ICSI and had egg retrieval today. Only had 2 eggs retrieved which has rather knocked me sideways. I was hoping for something to freeze for another chance. I'll be very lucky to have anything to put back on Monday.

Hi
Hope youre OK, how did you get on? Ive everything crossed for you! heres hoping for all of us, Im 5dpo today and am pretending that Im not noticing any twinges or aches, but in fact Im thinking about every burp! :wacko:

got to wait til 18 June to test.... hmmm dont know if Ill wait that long! :blush:

Well, I hope its going OK for you- its crap being 40 and thinking its too late, but theres plenty of people getting pregnant at our age! have a hug - :hugs: and think that its never the end of the road until you decide it is! Anyway that what Im thinking.

5dpet today. Trying not to get excited about temp dip. I don't really have any twinges or symptoms that couldn't be explained by the 600mg progesterone and 4mg estrogen I'm taking everyday!
I have taken an hpt test for the past 3 days to know when the hcg shot is completely out of my system and it is almost out. There is the faintest, I mean faintest line left which is much less than 3 days ago when the line was pretty clear but still light.
It keeps me busy when theres pretty much nothing else I can physically do to make this happen!
Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi
Hope youre OK, how did you get on? Ive everything crossed for you! heres hoping for all of us, Im 5dpo today and am pretending that Im not noticing any twinges or aches, but in fact Im thinking about every burp! :wacko:

got to wait til 18 June to test.... hmmm dont know if Ill wait that long! :blush:

Well, I hope its going OK for you- its crap being 40 and thinking its too late, but theres plenty of people getting pregnant at our age! have a hug - :hugs: and think that its never the end of the road until you decide it is! Anyway that what Im thinking.

Hi Turtle Muffin (that makes me giggle cos my fur baby is called Muffin). I'm
now 7dp3dt today and I've peed on two sticks already!! Official testing day is 17th so the day before you. Not really feeling pregnant (not that I would know). Had 2 embryos put back but I'm not sure they were the greatest quality. One was a 7 cell which was an odd shape, although the embryologist says they see them quite often. The other was a 5 cell but from the photo there was a bit of fragmentation going on there. They did not discuss quality with me, probably because they didn't want to set me off crying again. Finding it hard to be positive at the moment.

Hi

Hi Turtle Muffin (that makes me giggle cos my fur baby is called Muffin). I'm
now 7dp3dt today and I've peed on two sticks already!! Official testing day is 17th so the day before you. Not really feeling pregnant (not that I would know). Had 2 embryos put back but I'm not sure they were the greatest quality. One was a 7 cell which was an odd shape, although the embryologist says they see them quite often. The other was a 5 cell but from the photo there was a bit of fragmentation going on there. They did not discuss quality with me, probably because they didn't want to set me off crying again. Finding it hard to be positive at the moment.

Hi - Ive not got the hang of this site properly and Ive only just found where you can see any replies without going to your various posts and looking! LOL!

Anyway, Ive posted over in POAS under 'Help! 13 DPO positive? is it or isnt it??' as Ive been testing since 8dpo and may... just may have a positive... will have to keep checking and see. Dont worry about cells and shapes etc, they are tough little beans, we had one (temporarily named Una while we waited to hear if it would make it to day two) tiny 3 cell put back on day 2, and it was a bit of a funny shape too, and according to todays POAS it might have worked... How are you doing today? this site is a huge help isnt it!! good to share the crazy! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->