3rd Tri Ultrasound?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
To all of you Australian mums, were you offered a routine 3rd trimester growth scan? I'm really keen on seeing baby again but don't really want to pay for another private scan and wasn't entirely sure if third tri scans were offered as a routine thing, I've read through all of the books and diaries the midwives gave me and I see no mention of it anywhere.

No they're not offered, my OB sent me for a scan at the hospital because of my baby's short femurs but said he wouldnt send me as a routine. It sucks that they dont because its such a long wait

I think it is similar, if not the same, as in NZ and there are no routine 3rd Tri scans. I was sent for one as baby was measuring big, but I don't think I would've had one if it wasn't for that.
You could always tell your midwife you're worried about something (a little white lie) and get her to refer you?

where I live (Melbourne) it IS routine to do scans in the third trimester. I had a growth scan at 30 weeks, and another is scheduled for next week (34 weeks). I also have a friend who had her baby this time last year with no complications or concerns, and she had a couple of scans in the third trimester as well.

Edit: It could just be the Monash Hospital here that does them routinely? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->